Warranty and AVB Direct...

Watson

I was looking into purchasing some speakers to match up with my RF-63's and found a seller, AVB Direct, that was selling Klipsch Reference speakers at very low prices...

I had searched around attempting to find out any reason not to purchase products from this seller, and the only information I could find was a random post in the AVS forum stating that purchasing these items at wholesale prices results in loosing the warranty support from Klipsch.

I would like to know if Klipsch authorizes the sales of these speakers through AVB Direct and if the speakers sold by this Ebay seller are still covered by the Warranty offered through Klipsch.

There are NO official authorized sellers of Klipsch products online. If you purchase you won't be getting a warranty from Klipsch anyway, some resellers offer their own warranty but better check the terms and conditions closely.

uBid is but they sell mostly closed out and discontinued products that Klipsch just wants to move out.

There are NO official authorized sellers of Klipsch products online.

Welcome to Sound Distributors Auction:

Ebay sales carry the full 5 year factory warranty - we are an on line authorized dealer for klipsch. Full factory warranty is valid. serial numbers intact - not like other ebay auctions that say they are.

Well if that is true, sorry but that is news to me. The only Authorized Klipsch ONLINE reseller that I was aware of was uBid. I would certainly check to see if these guys are legit by emailing Amy at Klipsch if that is the case prior to purchase. If they are then I guess you have a green light then.

You still run the high risk of shipping damage even though it would likely be covered the down time and speakerless days won't be fun.

Watson, If you have Local dealers - deal with them!............though you will pay slightly more, the comfort of a Local shop to take things to be repaired in priceless.............

Research on the WWW , buy locally (if possible).

• 1 month later...

Again this post is just to set the record straight. In 2006 Klipsch picked a few on line internet dealers to handle certain SKU # in their line/. If you visit www.sounddistributors.com - all the items listed by Klipsch carry the full factory warranty. This can be confirmed by either calling Klipsch directly or checking their on line dealer locator. We are an ON LINE AUTHORIZED KLIPSCH DEALER. I hope this post helps. ANy questions email or call me direclty/. Eric Winston 800-691-6914

P/S. Some sights say they are authorized like AVB does but are actually not. You should always check with the manufacturer before you make that big home theater purchase. Sometimes saving a few bucks upfront - costs you in the long run!!

• 8 months later...

Bought RSW-10D from them. Was really great. broke in less than two months.

Warranty. Oh yes. Four years. Just mail back to some company they have a deal with to fix. Oh, they said make sure you find out from Klipsch what is wrong with it before you spend the money to mail to them in New York. They are quick to tell you to insure the shipment. Did I mention the 8 weeks to process the return. Oh, and include a check so they can mail back to you. Did I mention your claim will be void if they don't get the speaker in 14 days. After three weeks of run-around on the phone, this is the bottom line.

Got totally screwed by these guys.