KlipschFest (Pilgrimage) Impressions!

I'm on a laptop in the car on the way home, then getting on a plane for a few days and will be mostly out of touch. I'm VERY tired. Before this laptop dies on me..... brief impressions.

1. HT in a box room - darned good

2. 60th Anniversary khorns - killer.

3. Room treatments - ok ok.... I'll get some. :(

LOL - I'm so tired my brain doesn't work right so I'll just do some fun impressions for now....

1. Person I planned on smacking but didn't: Anarchist. He's really OK I guess. :)

2. Most energetic: Trey. I want 3 of whatever he's on.

3. Best Hair: Colter (I wanted to touch it. LOL), and Mr. Hunter? Rocking the killer cool pony tail/beard thing with the pretty shades of silver, greys, dark tones. Awesome look.

4. Most Adorable: Roy Delgado (OMG love him!) and Jay (glad you won a 'door prize'!).

5. Klipsch freeked me out. The whole event was amazing and it's pretty cool of them to do this.

Would have liked to have more time to talk to some more people some more - Like LarryC, and so many others. I'm going to so do this again. Nap time. More later.

1. Hi, this is Debbie (Speedball's wife). This was our first time to attend a Klipsch Pilgrimage. Even though we had to leave the event just before lunch, we found it pretty interesting. The building is really nice and the big copper logo outside the Cafe was neat. The Cafe is nice too.... haven't seen one this nice and open before. The first stop on the tour was neat.... I think the complete "stereo in the box" the 500 and the 700 systems sounded just as good as most separates systems. The other stops on the tour that I found most interesting were the ones where the speaker was cut in half and Trey explained how it all worked, and the "silent cone room" . I would never have thought that if the lights had been turned off in the "cone /sound proof room" that we would all be grasping balance, Like Roy Delgado said human beings operate pretty much like dolphins... needing radar or sound to help keep their balance. Pat (Speedball) especially liked the room with the big K-Horns and the tube amp and CD player.

• Moderators

I second Meagain, the room in a box...CES 500 and 700 were awesome....Buddy said he wants one of those.

In wall speakers...someone help me out with the model...were superior sounding....a real shocker.

Room treatments...ok...we probably need a few

Anarchist...really nice guy...IN PERSON....even IndyKlipschfan engaged in CIVIL conversation with him...not at all what I expected, Anarchist and IndyKlipschfan were very close to "making out in the corner".

As always....Trey is a Superman...never stops...kind of like the Energizer bunny...but doesn't run out of battery power....EVER.

Meagain, I have touched Colter's hair and it is super soft....Mr. Hunter....definitely a cool dude...I too loved the pony tail...very handsome indeed.

Roy Delgado is one of the most engaging people I have ever met...so serious...so funny...so knowledgable...such a great person. Jay congratulations...enjoyed visiting with you...glad we got to see you again this morning before you headed out.

Fred Klipsch, live in person at the Town Hall meeting,,,,what a surprise...such a down to earth guy...genuinely enjoyed hearing him speak and having him honestly listen to our "thoughts"..I was impressed.

Panel members Keith Claytor, from Public Relations photographed the entire event and answered lots of questions. Richard Paynting...engineering, who we stole from Bose were a real treat in the Town Hall meeting, as was everyone that sat on the panel.

I guess the delay in posting is due to the overwhelming amount of information we have received this weekend.

60th Anniversary Khorns are killer....I told you.

Klipsch as always....is one of the best companies in America to do business with.

You guys that didn't attend need to "be there or be square" next year. There is a lot of stuff we were shown and even had the chance to demo....new products...but we were sworn to secrecy....I'm not telling[:-*]

The CES700 system is fantastic and I have been talking about it as "presents" for family members.

I am glad someone mentioned the in wall speakers. I was blown away by them and I have never liked in wall speakers. Immediately made me question whether constructing an entire theater with in wall speakers (these) should be the plan for most.

The "undisclosed" products were also fantastic and leave it to me to immediately pick out the one I liked most and then find it was also likely to be the highest priced model when they became available.

There was another product in Indy - a heritage item we are familiar with - most people overlooked the significance of the configuration (it was in one of the HT's) which bodes quite well for some of us.

Roy Delgado and Trey were awesome. I got to speak to Roy quite a bit and left really liking the guy. He is quite funny and very engaging.

I met and spoke to quite a few people. It WAS more than I expected in many cases. Great people with a passion and very friendly. Some even dispensed with the political correctness. Talking about sausages and corn over dinner (while seated next to certain people) was a little disturbing though.

Anarchist and Indy? Not a chance. You guys missed what happened at 3 in the morning. Indy should be forced to wear one of those police monitoring devices on his ankle.

Woo Hoo!

The Pilgrimage was a GREAT time. A lot of really cool and interesting people. I didn't get around to meeting everyone (but did pretty good for me)....

The in wall speakers were far better than what I'd ever expect for inwall speakers.

The new products were very impressive - exciting new areas for Klpsch- but living up to the Klipsch standard of delivering FAR more than the competition.

Fred Klipsch seemed to really enjoy attending the Pilgrimage and to value the input provided by the attendess. All the Klipsch employees are extremely passionate and excited about their work.

A lot of awesome demos and information. I hope I can make it next year and in the following years.

I second Meagain, the room in a box...CES 500 and 700 were awesome....Buddy said he wants one of those.

It was a good system especially with the wireless part

In wall speakers...someone help me out with the model...were superior sounding....a real shocker.

had great bass response

Room treatments...ok...we probably need a few

I like live music [:P]

Anarchist...really nice guy...IN PERSON....even IndyKlipschfan engaged in CIVIL conversation with him...not at all what I expected, Anarchist and IndyKlipschfan were very close to "making out in the corner".

Found out he likes coldplay

As always....Trey is a Superman...never stops...kind of like the Energizer bunny...but doesn't run out of battery power....EVER.

He is on an IV of speed

Meagain, I have touched Colter's hair and it is super soft....Mr. Hunter....definitely a cool dude...I too loved the pony tail...very handsome indeed.

Roy Delgado is one of the most engaging people I have ever met...so serious...so funny...so knowledgable...such a great person. .

Roy is a very nice person, about 10 of us went out with him to steak and shake until 2 am in the morning just talking about everything.... He even covered the tab, well atleast until klipsch pays [:P] Oh yeah Roy, Don't bite the hand that feed you!!!

Jay congratulations...enjoyed visiting with you...glad we got to see you again this morning before you headed out.

I had a great time meeting you and really enjoy meeting people more so than listening to some great speakers, I think they go hand in hand.

Fred Klipsch, live in person at the Town Hall meeting,,,,what a surprise...such a down to earth guy...genuinely enjoyed hearing him speak and having him honestly listen to our "thoughts"..I was impressed.

Oh yeah

Panel members Keith Claytor, from Public Relations photographed the entire event and answered lots of questions. Keith Claytor has some great ideas, hopefully he uses one of mine and shows up to my college!

Richard Payting...engineering, who we stole from Bose were a real treat in the Town Hall meeting, as was everyone that sat on the panel.

He and I must have talked for about 2 hours on design, past things he did at bose, etc.... I don't quite know if I can talk about what he talked about with what he did at bose, but rest assured he knows his stuff and will ensure klipsch moves into the future. Some of the things he said blew my mind....... Besides he has "come to see the light"

I guess the delay in posting is due to the overwhelming amount of information we have received this weekend.

60th Anniversary Khorns are killer....I told you.

I liked them just as much as the jubilee, surprisingly

Klipsch as always....is one of the best companies in America to do business with.

You guys that didn't attend need to "be there or be square" next year. There is a lot of stuff we were shown and even had the chance to demo....new products...but we were sworn to secrecy....I'm not telling[:-*] I won nothing [;)]

I'm on a laptop in the car on the way home, then getting on a plane for a few days and will be mostly out of touch. I'm VERY tired. Before this laptop dies on me..... brief impressions.

1. HT in a box room - darned good

2. 60th Anniversary khorns - killer.

3. Room treatments - ok ok.... I'll get some. :(

LOL - I'm so tired my brain doesn't work right so I'll just do some fun impressions for now....

1. Person I planned on smacking but didn't: Anarchist. He's really OK I guess. :)

He was one of the nicest people I meet in person

2. Most energetic: Trey. I want 3 of whatever he's on.

3. Best Hair: Colter (I wanted to touch it. LOL), and Mr. Hunter? Rocking the killer cool pony tail/beard thing with the pretty shades of silver, greys, dark tones. Awesome look.

4. Most Adorable: Roy Delgado (OMG love him!) and Jay (glad you won a 'door prize'!). SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I won nothing!!!

5. Klipsch freeked me out. The whole event was amazing and it's pretty cool of them to do this.

Would have liked to have more time to talk to some more people some more - Like LarryC A very nice man with some just great classical recordings and dvds, and so many others. I'm going to so do this again. Nap time. More later.

Hi Jay,

So you made it home ok? We should have had some awards for folks travelling the farthest. I know of Michael Hurd from Thunder Bay Ontario 16 hour drive, you and your bus ride from Newark 18 hours, Dtel's 12 hours from Picayune Miss.

Glad I got to meet you and Justin. You young bucks are a great new generation of Klipsch lovers. Just as dedicated as my group. Keep on talking the talk brother!

And congrats on winning a door prize- your face really lit up. Glad it was you!

Michael

Where do you even bring to start? Dtel and family showed up a few days before.. Great people even if you can't always understand them! (Nawlins Cajun accent n all!) LOL. Their son, Buddy, soon became a "buddy" to my own 2 kids as they ran through the house playing like best friends.. I think they both kinda had tears saying goodbye cause they ran themselves 100% like best friends do.

Michael even squeezed us in Thursday night with Ribs and a special Ice cream that was off the charts...

We had a lot going on in my house with our daughter having her first big dance recital last weekend. (Yes I went to the rehearsal so they excused me sat night...) I also had some other Klipsch friends stopping by as well. Elden and Christy with Buddy arrived Wednesday night. Elden said he loves to cook, so Friday afternoon I put him and Christy to work. (Thanks guys!!) I had just bought a Weber grill and OMG was the food fantastic for Klipsch friends.. I think I counted last night, over 24 people from Thursday to Sunday at some time stopped by. I said it a 1000 times, you do things like this for our own families to enjoy, but it is also to share (not show off) to your real friends. Many of you on this board after 6 months or so you get to know pretty good become that. We go to events like this, and we enjoy each others journey through this crazy hobby of audio speakers and find a common ground to become friends.

Picky (Glen and wife Verna) were next in the house for the Friday and Saturday. Glenn is always so kind and since he was nice enough to house me up at his place a few months back, I needed to return the favor. I must admit I was a little nervous.. After all, his theater did win one of the best theaters in the WHOLE USA in a major publication. HE knows more than I do about most of this and while my size is a little bigger than his, I also needed to fill up that size with great gear. I will let him give you his real thoughts, but if staying up watching and listening till almost 4 AM one night, then till 6 am the next is any indication, we had a blast!! Custom Steve and his wife also come over and we all just popped pop corn n hung out!! Maybe I can be BIG HOUSE THEATER?? Who knows? LOL.. I will tell you this, at what 2-3 am watching the movie "Open Range" the gunfight scene sent shivers up our backs and people jump every time with the La Scala's and 525 surrounds with the THX Subs. Everyone was like wow... More Roger, play us more!! So like any good host we did.. AND IT WAS LOUD downstairs.. Even better the kids and wife upstairs didn't hear a thing.. Way cool!!

You could of heard a pin drop when the room came to a halt when I met Anarchist. People looked at me.. looked at him.... back at me.. back at him... While you can't get along with everyone in your lifetime, and yes we fight off and on on opinions like siblings do, we do have a common bond with Klipsch. Off of politics (and while he tries to say he is in the middle not taking sides, we know politics wise he is a closet liberal) he is not so bad or threatening.... Funny thing is, without telling where he works, after he told me what he does... trust me, he is all corporate big business LOL ! That part cracked me up? I bought him a few drinks, he returned the favor.. It was kinda funny to be honest!! He sought me out for dinner Sat night and joined us and we all had a great laugh.

Thanks to Trey and the crew... Even Fred for hearing and figuring out us Heritage fanatics love our products and want to grow them too! I think we let him see the light a little more, and was a little over whelmed to be honest!

Klipsch Is awesome...

Now that I am safely back in Fredericksburg after a very long and tiring journy, I can now post my impressions. Unfortunatly, I came home to a dead internet connection so I am currently using my laptop off a wi-fi hotspot at a local Buffalo Wild Wings bar. Found out from my neighbors that we had a couple of really nasty storms come through the area this past week. Lightening not only took out my internet access, but also took out my phone service. Good thing I unplugged my HT gear before I left [:o].

Well, anyway as many of you already know, I was already out that way to attend a family reunion at my aunt and uncle's farm up in Hayward, WI. It took me three days to get out there (over 1,300 miles - total driving if I did it all at once would've been around 22 hours). On the way up there, I did stop at Mike Bentz's (Dr. Who) place. We hung out for several hours just talking and listening to stuff on his nice little setup. After that I spent four days at Wisconsin Dells pretty much checking out all the touristy type things like the jet boat tours, the rollercoaster and water parks and such. It was alot of fun, except for that nasty weather on Monday. On Thursday, I went and visited and stay at J Molatky (sp) place. His Heritage/Macintosh HT setup is friggan sweet! We also went out and flew some RC airplanes. By shear coincidence, we encountered Damon out on the highway on the way back. He told us to follow him to his home, so I even got to check out Damon's setup. He really did a nice job with that. He is sure proud of his PlayStation 3 and I'll have to admit, it is sweet. I may have to break down and get myself one. Admittedly, those Blu-Ray movies did look and sound good on his setup.

Friday morning, I followed John and his son Al on the way down to Indy. On the way, we stopped off at 'Smilin' Steve's place. Good lord does he have some really nice gear, and those custom speakers were massive. They also did sound very impressive. Also, he is a really great guy to just shot the breeze with and to hang out. For lunch he took us to some local place called Sarki's They seem to speciallize in these sandwiches called "Loretta's" (sp). Popular little place - and people were walking up the counter, and without even looking at the menu board, just go up there and start ratting off some order. The food was really good, plus Steve even picked up the tab for us!

Friday night was the mixer as everybody knows and it was great to get to see some familier faces, but also get to meet some new folks. Awesome that Justin was finally able to attend. Also great to finally get to meet Michael Hurd as well as Jay. Glad to see Picky, Roger, Seadog, and many others again, as well as the usual Klipsch staff, such as Trey, Amy, Roy, Jim Hunter, Steve P, and others. Is Klipsch in need of any software engineers? The Klipsch staff are very proud of what they are doing and it shows. I am so glad that we get to enjoy the fruits of thier labor and it is nice to know that Klipsch is still planning to produce top-notch gear and not become "another Bose". During the product demos and such on Saturday, it shows. Those CS-500/700 setups are very impressive - easily blows away the Bose 3-2-1 setup by a country mile! I may seriously consider getting a CS-500 for my parents. Of course, I had to sneak some tracks onto those Jubilees that where setup at the mixer. Seemed quite a few people where impressed with that Suspyre track that I put on. As Jay already mentioned a dozen or so of us went to a Steak-N-Shake after the mixer. I could not believe that Roy went an picked up the tab - it was something like $87! Not only that, I also got a free burger out of it due to a screw up in somebody's order (I was just intending to get a shake and an order of onion rings).

Saturday was the actual event day, starting off with a light breakfast in the cafeteria, followed by a tour of the various rooms and product demos. We then had lunch and the afternoon was a "free-form" day were we could go to whatever area we were interested in and spend as much or little time. Was cool to get to listen to a complete RF-83 setup, and compare it to my own equivalent setup. I have an identical setup with Reference III series speakers, so it was cool to hear what the replacement "next generation" setup would sound like. The only thing is that they were using some Marantz reciever wereas I am using a B&K Ref 200.7 amp driving my speakers, so it was an entirely fair comparison. I did notice bit better midrange compared to my own setup. Not enough to want to trade my gear all in for the new stuff though. Of course, I was very impressed with the 60th anniverisary K-horns. Yup, they do indeed sound as good as they look! Of course, had to put on a few tracks of my own liking, such as one off of Sonata Arctica's newest album, as well as one from Kamelot's newest one as well. After having seen Doro Pesch in concert that Sunday immediatly before I left, it was cool to get to hear one of her tracks on these setups. As already mentioned those CS-500/700 setups are really nice. The little room-groove also sounds very good for it's size. I also toyed around with one of the new "small" iGroove's. It does produce a very nice full, detailed sound with good clean bass. The inwall speakers were also very impressive. Like others, I was never really that impressed with in-wall setups, but these really did sound very good. I'd have no problems recommending these if people need a good clean "hidden" setup, but also still sounds very good.

Sunday, I got to go visit with Roger "IndyKlipschFan" for a couple hours and to finally get to check out his HT. Very nice indeed! He has a beautiful home and that HT he has is just icing on the cake. Very good people and glad to call my friends. As I got family in Indy, including my brother, plus even my parents were talking of moving there after my father retires, there will be definitly be more times that I'll be visiting there. I may even be there over Labor day weekend for my uncle's 60th wedding anniversary, so if time allows, I hope to get to look up some of you folks there.

In the end I got to attend TWO family reunions these past couple weeks - my Sanborn (mother's side) family and then my Klipsch family! I was biting back tears when I left both of these. I stopped at another Steak-N-Shake on the way out of Indy for lunch - was kinda depressing to sit there eating and thinking of all my friends and family that I'll be leaving behind as I make that long 11 hour drive back to Fredericksburg. I finally got back home at around mid-night - I've driven over 3,000 miles total for this trip.

I have to echo what Picky said at the "town-hall" meeting - I really have to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart! I've been to 5 of these things now and had always had a great time. A great bunch of friends and a great company that I am proud to say that I own and enjoy several products from. When people as me for speaker recommendations, you can bet who I am going to recommend. Yup, that Klipsch bumber sticker is now proudly displayed on the tailgate of my truck!

All the more looking forward to this October Mid-Atlantic gathering and hoping to see some of you again there!

"I finally got back home at around mid-night - I've driven over 3,000 miles total for this trip."

wow...glad to hear you had a safe trip.

I too was really impressed by the in-wall speakers. I honestly didn't expect much from them, but they really sounded like full size speakers with complete full range bass. I would consider them in the future for sure. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I was also really impressed with the HT room set-up with the Cornwall III's. The KPT-8001 rear surrounds really sounded great with the Heritage. I was also most intrigued with prototype "center channel speaker stand". I really hope Klipsch decides to produce this as it would be the final answer for Heritage users in need of the perfect "center channel speaker stand". The only disappointment in the room was that the color calibration was way off on the projector, but the sound was phenomenal and more than made up for it.

Overall, I was very impressed with the entire event and most impressed with the level of commitment Klipsch and its employees have to their customers.

P.S. Congrats on the 60th Anniversary Khorns, speakerfritz.

I too was really impressed by the in-wall speakers. I honestly didn't expect much from them, but they really sounded like full size speakers with complete full range bass. I would consider them in the future for sure. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I was also really impressed with the HT room set-up with the Cornwall III's. The KPT-8001 rear surrounds really sounded great with the Heritage. I was also most intrigued with prototype "center channel speaker stand". I really hope Klipsch decides to produce this as it would be the final answer for Heritage users in need of the perfect "center channel speaker stand". The only disappointment in the room was that the color calibration was way off on the projector, but the sound was phenomenal and more than made up for it.

Overall, I was very impressed with the entire event and most impressed with the level of commitment Klipsch and its employees have to their customers.

P.S. Congrats on the 60th Anniversary Khorns, speakerfritz.

As far as I recall, that PJ was as it was outa the box, I don't think I have had my hands on it yet, sorry about that. I should have tweeked it friday night, but was busy with the Jubs.

I thought the KPT-8001's sounded great with the Cornwalls and " center channel speaker stand", those will be on my side walls Tuesday night, let ya know how they sound with C I's up front.

As far as I recall, that PJ was as it was outa the box, I don't think I have had my hands on it yet, sorry about that. I should have tweeked it friday night, but was busy with the Jubs.

I thought the KPT-8001's sounded great with the Cornwalls and " center channel speaker stand", those will be on my side walls Tuesday night, let ya know how they sound with C I's up front.

That center channel speaker stand did its job well..... That is hold up the quintet speakers well....... [;)]

Skonopa I am glad that you made it back safely. I think you might have edged myself out in total miles but you had to drive while I just had to squeeze in and make sure my backside did not die on me (I don't quite know the verdict yet)

The RF-83 sounded fantastic and I am happy I own those as they held up well to the Klipschorn and Cornwall, with many people telling me they liked that setup the best (due to many factors like room dampening) Also they sounded well even what 60-75 feet away in that room, all the way at the back wall with the stacks of tables.

The Steak-N-Shake was awesome and glad we got a burger out of it! I have some pictures on my cellphone of Roy just going on all the way to 2 am. Remember his face when he saw Michael Hurds' tc3000 subwoofer. A serious face with a hint of OMG that is soooo cool look. I mean Roy was probably looking at it in a standstill of (what can I make with a subwoofer like that) while throughly enjoying himself at the same time. When it comes to business he is all business with a sense of humour. Thankfull Trey and Roy didn't subdue me when I went around the laboratory seeing things that "were not really there" and such.

And I do miss the pilgrimage already!