KlipschFest (Pilgrimage) Impressions!

I too was really impressed by the in-wall speakers. I honestly didn't expect much from them, but they really sounded like full size speakers with complete full range bass. I would consider them in the future for sure. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I was also really impressed with the HT room set-up with the Cornwall III's. The KPT-8001 rear surrounds really sounded great with the Heritage. I was also most intrigued with prototype "center channel speaker stand". I really hope Klipsch decides to produce this as it would be the final answer for Heritage users in need of the perfect "center channel speaker stand". The only disappointment in the room was that the color calibration was way off on the projector, but the sound was phenomenal and more than made up for it.

Overall, I was very impressed with the entire event and most impressed with the level of commitment Klipsch and its employees have to their customers.

P.S. Congrats on the 60th Anniversary Khorns, speakerfritz.

As far as I recall, that PJ was as it was outa the box, I don't think I have had my hands on it yet, sorry about that. I should have tweeked it friday night, but was busy with the Jubs.

I thought the KPT-8001's sounded great with the Cornwalls and " center channel speaker stand", those will be on my side walls Tuesday night, let ya know how they sound with C I's up front.

I agree about that center (may have to get one of those...hint, hint...and those KPT-9001s were sweet...might do better than my Heresy rear speakers...

Bill

I too was really impressed by the in-wall speakers. I honestly didn't expect much from them, but they really sounded like full size speakers with complete full range bass. I would consider them in the future for sure. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I was also really impressed with the HT room set-up with the Cornwall III's. The KPT-8001 rear surrounds really sounded great with the Heritage. I was also most intrigued with prototype "center channel speaker stand". I really hope Klipsch decides to produce this as it would be the final answer for Heritage users in need of the perfect "center channel speaker stand". The only disappointment in the room was that the color calibration was way off on the projector, but the sound was phenomenal and more than made up for it.

Overall, I was very impressed with the entire event and most impressed with the level of commitment Klipsch and its employees have to their customers.

P.S. Congrats on the 60th Anniversary Khorns, speakerfritz.

As far as I recall, that PJ was as it was outa the box, I don't think I have had my hands on it yet, sorry about that. I should have tweeked it friday night, but was busy with the Jubs.

I thought the KPT-8001's sounded great with the Cornwalls and " center channel speaker stand", those will be on my side walls Tuesday night, let ya know how they sound with C I's up front.

I agree about that center (may have to get one of those...hint, hint...and those KPT-9001s were sweet...might do better than my Heresy rear speakers...

Bill

Hey. Anyone got s picture of that setup. Are the KPT-8001's not out yet? What about the center stand?

jc

My first impressions are regarding our hosts for the weekend: IndyKlipschFan (Roger) and his wonderful wife Cindy. They have two precious children: Emma and Roger III. These kids are real sweethearts and so well-behaved. They all opened their house up to Verna and I and many other folks who dropped by (I think there were 25 in all). They live in a beautiful home that Roger designed, across the street from a lake that is about 30 minutes from Klipsch Headquarters. The house has three levels and on the lowest level lies their amazing home theater, complete with snack bar and ticket booth.

I have to admit: at the risk of sounding a bit smug here, I had yet to hear another home theater that I felt compared with my own. That is, until now: Not only do I think that Roger's theater compares sonically with mine, but I believe I have been bested! I mean, let's face facts: I have a nice RF-7 based reference series system and Roger has 5 (count em') La Scala's and the 2 THX Sub woofers! My theater's sound tends to be more percussive and in-your-face, while Roger's exibits richer detail and fullness. I think his is better musically while mine excels in sound effects. That's really no surprise to me, given the types of speakers used in the two theaters. But, just to go you one further: Mine is more of a multipurpose room with a seating area and wet bar. His is a no-holds barred, serious theater and it fells like a real theater while you sit in it. I place their theater as the top home theater I have personally experienced thus far! It sounded better than anything I heard at the Klipsch Headquarters all weekend long, and there were some outstanding systems there, too! Roger got the system and the room just right. Congratulations!

There's no such thing as listening fatigue in their theater: We all stayed up until 5:30 AM Saturday night! It was getting light out when I finally laid down! LOL Oh, I forgot to mention Roger's K-Horne theater in the first floor great room (amazing).

Roger and Cindy are two of the nicest, most sincere and down-to-earth people you'd ever want to meet. Thank you both for allowing Verna and I to spend such an enjoyable weekend in your home. Our door will always be open to you! -Glenn & Verna

Roger (below):

post-10177-13819335126538_thumb.jpg