Heritage vs Reference opinions

UFObuster

This question is more for my info than anything so that I might know more about the Heritage group.

I'm living happy with a pair of RF-7 for 2 channel & fronts for HT (dual system including RF-5 used as surround). These two models of Klipsch are what I'm familiar with. Never heard any of the heritage line. So, help me put this in perspective: How/where would the RF-7 line-up in comparison with the array of heritage models. For instance, if I saw a deal somewhere, what would I need in order to get any significant improvement over what I hear at home now. This is hypothetical...but don't rule anything out....even though I don't really have "corners" free. (16x35 room)

Thanks...will enjoy hearing your opinions.

I'm not sure you could compare the RF-7 with any Heritage. Just different speakers. The RF-7 is a killer speaker. Fairly unique in the Klipsch line as all Klipsch models. As far as the Heritage line goes, I think some of us partial to them must hear the same qualities in them PWK did. We love them and nothing else will EVER do. They are also their own creature and properly driven are about as good a speaker as there is. I no longer can say the Heritage is just for 2 channel. Many are making top of the line HTs with them. It's kind of like Ice cream flavors. Everyone has a preference in taste(sound).

Everyone who loves audio should hear the Heritage line. PWK made many great models not dependent on corners.

Harry

Hopefully you'll have a chance to hear some heritage sound. You've got some great speakers. Heritage is just a different flavor. Maybe there are some forum members near enough for you to get in a listening session on some heritage gear.

Maybe my original post was a little too open-ended. If you've owned or had experience with the higher end reference line, specifically the RF-7, then how would you characterize their sound compared to what you have or know about in any of the heritage line. Any comments at all....imaging, naturalness, accuracy, low volume sound, etc....I know this is subjective, but this is a forum where I might actually trust some subjective statements and would be interested in hearing about them. Keep in mind...I've never even SEEN another Klipsch speaker except the ones I own....have at it, thanks.

Ok this may get me flamed but here goes anyway[:D]

My experience with the heritage series is that compared to the RF7 I found the Rf7 to best the Cornwall in the accuracy and imaging department,many will argue that but thats my opinion.we did a blind test at indy between the cornwall 3 and the rf7 and it was a split with 50/50 prefering one over the other.I have owned Corns and lascalas and have always found a bit of bite at high volumes that I just cant handle even with tubes,right now I have settled in with a pair of KG5.5 and prefer the tractrix horn sound.

I am biased as I have spent more time with Heritage. Growing up in Arkansas there always seemed to be a pair of heritage klipsch around from Heresy to Klipschorn. I think my ears have grown accustomed to the Heritage sound as I really don't prefer the RF line and as far as Heritage give me them folded bass horns anyday. 

No one can tell you what you hear..........too many things to come into it, position, room size, room acoustic's.......it's like asking a Ford man if Chevy is a better car.........it's all personal opinion........reference guys will tell you reference is best, I own Heritage, I'll tell you they are best.....and then there's the JUBILEE GANG, guess what they will say.....................

...answered elsewhere but it fits here too...my impressions

I have Heresys, Quartets (slightly smaller brother to the Forte' II) and RB-5s in that approximate size range...first I must disclose that I prefer the Heritage sound (there's the "Tell")...when I listen to Heresys, I like them...properly set up, I listen to the same equipment with the Quartets and I find I think the Quartet sounds to me like the Heresy with more bass...I listen to all the same stuff and the Reference series RB-5s (albeit a generation old) and I like them, their size is less than the Heresy and the bass through the rear firing port is nice...especially at that size...I like the RB-5s just fine but I believe something is missing...when I switch back to my Heresys or my Quartets...I say...THAT's what's missing...the mid comes out more for me and I prefer that...I have no complaints about Reference...UNTIL I compare it to Heritage...If I never heard Heritage, I would be very happy with Reference...once hearing Heritage (and I am a listener from way back ;) ) I find THAT is the speaker for me...Heresys eliminate the placement issues for me with the Quartet/Forte' II/Chorus II) and have that sound I prefer...your mileage may vary!

Bill

Dean has spent a lot of time with Heritage and with the Reference series, hopefully he can chime in. I have heard both series and really like both. I am more of a "retro" guy in equipment tastes and I was surprised at how lively and realistic the reference stuff sounds. The RF-7s also have absolutely killer bass!

Triceratops

Maybe my original post was a little too open-ended. If you've owned or had experience with the higher end reference line, specifically the RF-7, then how would you characterize their sound compared to what you have or know about in any of the heritage line. Any comments at all....imaging, naturalness, accuracy, low volume sound, etc....I know this is subjective, but this is a forum where I might actually trust some subjective statements and would be interested in hearing about them. Keep in mind...I've never even SEEN another Klipsch speaker except the ones I own....have at it, thanks.

The RF-7 or the RF-83 to me is about 95% heritage in them

Okay, so I own a pair of RF-83 and listened exclusively to reference and synergy and promedia before I went to Indy. I had a crash course in Heritage this weekend. I listend to Heresy (Colther), Cornwalls (Colter), Lascalas (Colter, IndyKlipschFan), Cornwall III (Klipsch/Colter), Klipschorn (Colter, IndyKlipschFan), 60th Aniversary Klipschorn (Indy/ now SF, unbox them you know who [;)]), I did not get to hear belles or Heresy III. But I think they all had their own sound but to be honest I did have speaker overload...... I mean that was all in two days.... I think that it was kinda like smelling perfume where the first one or two really sets you off for the rest of the day. But coming back and thinking about it. I like the Reference as well as the Heritage almost the same.... They have their uniqueness. Its a bow out but you really have to listen to them with your own ears.....

BTW Roy said it right, I have Jubilee Lust. [:'(]