Selling RF-83 pair and RC-64 - Cherry Finish

jascott

I am moving some things around, moving my theatre to a dedicated room, and have purchased a pair of Hersey's to go in our family room. This means, I have no room for these RF-83 speakers... They are mint condition, not a single scratch or anything out of place. I am wondering what I should list them at, or if there was anybody here interested in them. I am in the northern part of the Dallas area, and I have no intention of shipping them. Below is a link to the page I setup for them.

http://jkscott.com/forsale/speakers.htm

Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments guys. They are great speakers and I think the whole setup works very nice in the LR. I wish I could keep everything, but...

I am just hoping someone in or close to Dallas will see this and they will go to a good home.

They look great, but due to the fact that the Klipsch warrantee is not transferrable, the buyer will have no warrantee. Yes, this sucks. It was pointed out to me recently by a potential buyer of my RS35's.

"This Warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and will automatically terminate prior to expiration if this product is sold or otherwise transferred to another party."

http://www.klipsch.com/support/warranty-policies/details/consumer-and-commercial.aspx

el jobez, I would prefer to sell these as a set, and not just the center. We'll see how things go after awhile... Thanks

WS65711, that kinda stinks on the warranty thing... I read over the info in the manuals and couldn't find this. Oh well. It is what it is...

if the buyer and seller work something out and are close, if something were to happen I bet the original owner can take them in for repairs? Also I remember Klipsch warantee is semi lax in a way they will fix the product when something goes wrong.

All I am doing is relaying what was pointed out to me a while back, after I noticed in jascott's ad that he said they were purchased from an authorized dealer and had 4 years of warrantee left to transfer to the buyer. Klipsch's stated warrantee policy negates the benefit of having purchased speakers from an "authorized" dealer if you should decide to sell the speakers before the warrantee period expires. In other words, it sucks.

I have RF-63s and a RC-64. Part of the reason I got the RF-63s was because I could get 83's later if I wanted and move the RF-63s to rear duty in a 5.1 full bandwidth music system. That'll have to wait til the next house because my listening position in the current house is on the couch against the back wall in our 14x13 living room. I just couldn't get 63's behind me. Basswise, my RF-63s pound on my cornwall II's below 50 hz or so. The cornwalls have other critical redeeming qualities though, that make them the cats meow when complimented by my sub.

But I do love the idea of sweet pristine cherry 83s coming up for sale. Your starting price is great, I hope you don't have to let them go for too low though.

Maybe someday I'll be in a position to get mint cherry 83s up front and put my 63s in back, run them full band plus sub.

Best of luck.

Kimball

I have had numerous emails and a few phone calls. I have already moved the cornwalls downstairs for the time being. The RF-83 speakers are now sitting in the dining room awaiting the sell. I haven't been given a deadline, but like I said, they are in the dining room right now...

I do have a bid on ebay right now, and I am hoping a few to raise the price up a bid towards the end. Right now, somebody is getting a GREAT deal on these... Wish I knew more...

Well, I had it listed w/ the center and had it posted here way before that. Nobody bid on it and nobdy made any offers... I am using the RC-64 now and plan to keep it for a while. I am going to try and build a center channel to match the heritage, but that will probably take some time and I don't want to be without.