My new (1977) La Scalas

Sky Hits

Owe, Colt slappin' da Rog[:'(] Now is that any way to treat yer bud[:)]

Legend is a great album Indy even if it is one of the most commercial reggae albums around[:P]

Irie Skyhits, as you can see by my signature I love your choice in Klipsch and music however I'm more old school and go back to the 60's with bands like the Cables and The Pickneys. I sure wish I could get some of todays recording quality on some of my old stuff but alas rough is better than none at all. Have you thought about any tube power for the Las? Horns and tubes go together like flapjacks and syrup[:P]

Best of luck on your trek to the next level and remember Jah, Rastafari[:D]

The LS mod kit brings it up to the most recent xover and includes the latest version K77 and K55(X) driver. Your K33 whatever can remain.

I was just funnin' Rog, he knows how to take me. 'Legend' should be in any collection. Along with all 3 Dread Zeppelin classics! [;)]

Geez guys, let him live with the speakers for a month or a year before pestering him about upgrades.

Who knows, he may just like them the way they are!

The only upgrade I would seriously consider is replacing the crossovers with a fresh batch of BEC's type A crossovers, because the 30 year old caps are probably shot. And that won't set him back more than $150 or so IIRC.

"The LS mod kit brings it up to the most recent xover and includes the latest version K77 and K55(X) driver. Your K33 whatever can remain."

how much is the upgrade kit?

whats included?

Thanks for the clarifications. When I spoke on the phone with someone at Klipsch, I understood the La Scala upgrade kit to include new crossovers, tweeters and woofers. I got the impression that if you have the right model mid drivers that they should be compatible. The price mentioned: $1,000. If I'm hearing that it isn't worth it, and I should instead consider just replacing the crossovers (or even just the caps?) and possibly the tweets, that's interesting news to me....I'm definitely interested in further input on this topic. Originally I just called Klipsch about buying updated crossover networks for the La Scalas and was told that their new crossovers wouldn't be compatible with my k-77s and 33s. Thus, the upgrade kit.

PS Reggae heads: Thanks for the positive irations! PS Burning Spear's "Marcus Garvey" and "Garvey's Ghost". And from the 60's...Desmond Dekker's "Fu Manchu"!

I was just funnin' Rog, he knows how to take me. 'Legend' should be in any collection. Along with all 3 Dread Zeppelin classics! [;)]

Dread Zeppelin? Now that rocks! They had a good video on MuchMusic for a while. Makes me think of Bubba Ho-Tep. I've gotta rent that one of these days.

I was just funnin' Rog, he knows how to take me. 'Legend' should be in any collection. Along with all 3 Dread Zeppelin classics! [;)

Dread Zeppelin?  Now that rocks!  They had a good video on MuchMusic for a while.  Makes me think of Bubba Ho-Tep.  I've gotta rent that one of these days.

Now your talk'n Dread Zepplin was a fun band and Bubba Ho-Teo was a hilarious flick much better than expected. 

Owe, Colt slappin' da Rog[:'(] Now is that any way to treat yer bud[:)]

Legend is a great album Indy even if it is one of the most commercial reggae albums around[:P]

Irie Skyhits, as you can see by my signature I love your choice in Klipsch and music however I'm more old school and go back to the 60's with bands like the Cables and The Pickneys. I sure wish I could get some of todays recording quality on some of my old stuff but alas rough is better than none at all. Have you thought about any tube power for the Las? Horns and tubes go together like flapjacks and syrup[:P]

Best of luck on your trek to the next level and remember Jah, Rastafari[:D]

Kaiser, Prince Buster started in 1960 and Laurel Aitken started in in the late 50's. Don't know the Pickneys or Cables you should play them for me next time.

Belafonte is a hoot I have some 78's by him somewhere.

You got me on the Pickneys, were they ska? I love the 60 stuff myself, rocksteady mostly. The Cables were great, "Baby Why" is one of my favorites. What a great era, Slim Smith, Jimmy Riley, Alton Ellis, Ken Boothe, Pat Kelly, Heptones, Techniques, Ethiopians, Cornel Cambell, Ken Parker, Delroy Wilson, The Termites, Carlton and the Shoes, Dawn Penn, on and on. If you like 60s soul, I think it's manditory to like rocksteady.

You got me on the Pickneys, were they ska? I love the 60 stuff myself, rocksteady mostly. The Cables were great, "Baby Why" is one of my favorites. What a great era, Slim Smith, Jimmy Riley, Alton Ellis, Ken Boothe, Pat Kelly, Heptones, Techniques, Ethiopians, Cornel Cambell, Ken Parker, Delroy Wilson, The Termites, Carlton and the Shoes, Dawn Penn, on and on. If you like 60s soul, I think it's manditory to like rocksteady.

Looks like I have more research to do. I was just at a friends house going through his massive record collection but today we hit mostly 78's. I really liked Sir Lancelot although he seemed more Calypso it was interesting. He played me a song that is going to be stuck in my head a long long time but don't remember the artist but the song was "Congo Man". The song  was about a man who envied the congo man because he hasn't tasted white meat yet. It is a riot with wonderful music and theatrical voice.