Heresy vs. KG4's

svsalako

Hi --

I had been consdiereing purchasing a pair of KG4's to go with my Marantz 2220B reciever (20x x 20w), but I am having trouble locating a pair at a reasonable price that doesn't involve shipping accross the country! I have located a nice clean pair of Heresy's built in 1980 that are close to where I live -- Will my little Marantz reciever be able to drive these speakers? Any thoughts or suggestions on other vintage Klipsch's welcome also.

Grab the Heresy's................Heresy 3 way..........KG4's 2 way............I own both, Heresy the best of the two..........20 watts is plenty, you might find the bottom end alittle weak...a Sub or Tubes will cure that, or you just might be happy with them, period.......

Their peak level is no where near the Heresy's...............there is no comparision at the total performance level of those speakers, if you think there are, try Tubes, then it will become clear.......I own them both, and truly have enjoyed my KG4's, but they can't touch the Heresy....the Heresy is the Pit-Bull of Klipsch speakers.............Just my view, having both speakers hooked up...........

OB - Maybe something is amiss with your KG4's then. Maybe you need new caps or something?

I prefer the KG4 and can't imagine the heresy besting it with being able to crank it. And then there's the bass issue. I just wonder if something is amiss.

Never heard the Heresy, but one thing I can definitely vouch for is that the KG4 is one hell of a speaker. Like I said before, selling mine was the biggest mistake I made.

This coming from a guy with Cornwalls, and khorns..............I like my KG4's, alot, but my Heresy's blows them away, Tubes or Solid State, makes no difference.............I will not argue the fact they the KG's are one hell of a speaker.....they are......but.......

...just so I am a bit clearer...I am not saying the kg4 is a bad speaker...on the contrary...a VERY good speaker...back in 1989, I listened extesively to them, kg2s and Heresy IIs...to my ears, the Heresy II was a level up but it was twice the price of kg4s new...I can't argue that kg4s have bass...you will be fine with whichever your ears tell you to buy.

Bill

I don't believe anyone said they were a bad speaker...........same boat as Bill, went to buy new Heresy's, could not afford them, wasn't going home without a pair of Klipsch Speakers, got a good deal on KG4's, and the rest is history........and I still own the KG4's..like out of the box new......

Hi --

I had been consdiereing purchasing a pair of KG4's to go with my Marantz 2220B reciever (20x x 20w), but I am having trouble locating a pair at a reasonable price that doesn't involve shipping accross the country! I have located a nice clean pair of Heresy's built in 1980 that are close to where I live -- Will my little Marantz reciever be able to drive these speakers? Any thoughts or suggestions on other vintage Klipsch's welcome also.

Heresies, like all Klipsch Heritage speakers, are very easy to drive and should sound fine with your Marantz. Of course, if you have the room and the budget, you'll want to think about some La Scalas at some point. They're even easier to drive than Heresies!

Heresy Specifications

frequency response50Hz-17kHz±5dB

power handling105 watts maximum continuous (500 watts peak)

sensitivity96dB @ 1watt/1meter

KG 4 Specifications

frequency response38Hz-20kHz±3dB

power handling100 watts maximum continuous (500 watts peak)

sensitivity94dB @ 1watt/1meter