Quartet vs. Hersey

iwillwalk

This will sound stupid, but I would rather buy a speaker that is still in production, than one that isn't, and I always end up buying new stuff, the only used equipment I have is my Scott 299-D..............just a personal thing, some will call it anal, I don't care, it's my money. I was going to buy used Khorns, but might go with new Cornwalls instead.............Nice GTX.....Hey, what happened to the Mopar????

yeah well at least i have k-horns v& a svs in the front so keep on laughing.

never heard the quartet & the herseys are my first buy 15 years ago!

so thanks for the help

oh yeah i forgot about my b&k

Next time you get your pill prescription filled, look for the bottle labeled "CHILL." You typed HEREY rears, as in HAIRY rears. I wasn't making fun of the fact that you have HERESY rears. I was pointing out that it made me laugh when I read it as hairy rears.

Thanks for making fun of my Mustang too. [Y]

dont have a picture of my '68gtx on the computer & i now have to ride shotgun & try to explain my friends how to drive a rebuilt 440 with about 420 hp. its very hard to do, physcialy & mentaly. no one can drive it like i could...its sucks i'll work on getting a pic of the bad boy

dont have a picture of my '68gtx on the computer & i now have to ride shotgun & try to explain my friends how to drive a rebuilt 440 with about 420 hp. its very hard to do, physcialy & mentaly. no one can drive it like i could...its sucks i'll work on getting a pic of the bad boy

That's pretty damned cool man. Take care of yourself. Now that I understand what your avatar name means I have newfound respect for you my Klipsch Brother!

Hey Will,

Both are great speakers. For standalone use I'd take the Quartets. As was mentioned, they do sound a lot like a Heresy with better bass. The Quartet is a fine speaker.

You're not using them standalone though, you're trying to match Khorn fronts in a multichannel setup. Quartets don't do that. Heresys do that.

So for you, I say Heresy.