DVD player for under 300

KritonD

well i need a dvd player... it's gonna be a xmas gift, though i'm getting it after xmas.. the limit is around 300 bucks, flexible with price though...i don't think i need progressive scan, cause it's gonna be a while till i can afford a HDTV. i'd prefer a 5 disc changer too.. any suggestions?

i was looking at

Toshiba SD 3755 (5 disc)

Tosiba SD 4700 - (looks sorta problematic at audioreview.com)

some Panasonic models

any suggestions? r sony DVD players any good..

what would u buy? thanks

kriton

------------------

System is small, but working on it...

Yamaha HTR 5250

Pair RF-3

Quintet as surrounds...

Monster cable all around

Digital cable (DD5.1 on some stuff)

RC-3 is next

That's all i can afford for now, better than most college systems...

The current issue of Sound & Vision gave a positive review to the Zenith DVD5591 5-disk player. It list for $400 but don't know what the street price is. Have progressive scan, which you say you don't need now or in the near future but I'd get anyway in case someone feels like buying you a new TV Smile.gif

Also plays CD-Rs and RWs with MP3.

Doug

------------------

My System

I have the Sony DVP-NC600. 5-disc DVD, plays CD-R/RW, all the video and audio outputs you should need, for $249 or less. I usually go for the latest and greatest despite the high cost, but I'm really happy with this player for both DVD and CD for now until the whole DVD-A, SACD, etc. stuff gets worked out. Sony also now has the DVP-NS500V for $299 or less, which will also play SACD (wasn't available when I bought my player only two months ago). Hard to keep up with all the new models right now, so I wouldn't spend more than $300 until things settle down a little.

i have just purchased the Sony DVP-NC400 anyone got any ideas on this one? is it good?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Jusin,

I just baught the 300. I didn't need the 400, and I hate MP3.

So anyways, it is a great player. Lots of cool features to play with every once and a while, and has both optical, and coaxial output, and two AV outputs, which I never thaught I'd need till now.

You have a very good player, and I think will be very happy with it.

Im crankin' some AC/DC on myn right now and love it. The mids and highs are more foward on my system. (Untill I get some horns, wednesday!)

------------------

Matthew

Gatta' love klipsch

mine does not have MP3 capability... interesting.. shoudl it?

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

haha... forgot the intersting part of the DVD player story... i got one of these for my dad for christmas... he got the same model for me LoL! Watched Remember the Titans on it tonight... it was amazing, i used it with my ProMedia 4.1's, my 5.1's are not in yet and my parents were sleeping so i could not use teh syngery 6's! LoL!... it is amazing how well it did the 5.1 audio output. I used teh tv as teh center and set it to small speaker and it sounded pretty nice Smile.gif only problem was i did not set teh rears the right distance in the DVD player setup, so they were set to 13 feet from me when they are really just like 5 feet, so the rears were kinda over bearing but for teh movie 15 minutes, it was great. Smile.gif I thoroughly enjoyed my new DVD player, the size is nice too Smile.gif

------------------

-justin