Nice Heresy HBR's on the bay!

Bonzo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang!!! Shnozzled Again!!!

Seriously, you are right, they will probably get $600+.

But then again, let's get out the dolls,stick pins, assorted chicken feathers, strange wax images, etc. and call my Santeria buddy in Miami and get the bidding stopped!!!! I need these ("yah right, like a hole in the head, now get out to that so called workshop and get rid of those Cornwalls, Heresy's, Klipschorns and all that other stuff laying around, and i'll let you think about it...", as my wife said...)[:$]

That said, A pair of 79's in pretty decent shape sold for $305.00 yesterday on Ebay. I think it is a location and shipping thing...but I feel the 84's hold a little bit more lure because they were the last year of the Originals with all wood.

MDF may sound better, but I'll take the real thing over a veneer and hard spong any day.

KAK

Bonzo,

Join the club who is watching these beauties. These Heresy's are already the subject of one post. So feel free and join the bidding war...I was first one in. LOL and hopefully am the last man standing too.

Here's the link to the other thread

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/941381.aspx

KAK

I was out of town for a couple of days and missed the original post. As tempting as it is I'm not going to bid. I just spent some $$$ for slightly used K-stacks on A-gon and some titanium tweeter diaphragms from Bob for the Forte's. I'm now in Forte' heaven! Certainly a forum member should get these and keep them pristine without putting any finish on them. I think Buckster's right, at least $600 to $800.

Groom,

Feel free to joing the "fight" but I agree with Old Buck, these things will easily bring in $600 and could break $800. A pair of 84 HB-WO's pulled in $746.00 and they were not in as good as shape as these.

KAK

Those speakers don't look as nice as these............I don't think Heresy Prices went up, I think this Specific pair will bring high dollars, and the normal, average Heresy's will stay low........It's amazing what drives the prices up.......$746. was a unbelievable amount for those 84's...

bare beauties in boxes? exceedingly rare.

I'd bet they bring a grand.

new III's are $1500 msrp

Please PLEASE if you win these, have them strapped to a pallet and truck freighted.

THOSE CARTONS ARE NOT MEANT FOR UPS or similar freight carriers. That is 20-something year old styrofoam- won't hold up to a 3 foot drop. If you have them shipped this way and receive kindling you got what you
deserved imho. (not to reflect the views of management).

M

Guys, Please explain what it is exactly that makes these so exciting, is it:

a) Their time capsule state (which the new owner will presumably ruin)

B) Wood (plywood?) versus mdf

c) Finish or lack thereof

It was my understanding that Heresy's of today were better than those of

yesterday, and the desirability of older models was the cost savings.

Thanks

for any help.

OB dont you have a pair of H3's? Walnut?

I have some of the last Heresy 2's in Mahogany.............my buddy, whose is selling Forte II's, just bought 4 Heresy III's in Cherry........I'm happy with mine..........and after the Scott, I'm more than happy with them.......