So my wife says ......

kkerley33

IndyKlipsch,

I think I have caught the bug. There is a pair of 87 La Scala's for sale in the Fort and I have the Surround Bug now. Goal would be 4 La Scala's, A custom made La Scala Center. Someday, I would step up to 7.1...LOL

Anyways, my wife thinks I am MAD. She made me take a speaker inventory today. Here is the list. It is nothing compared to most of the members (Colter) but she thinks it is a lot and wanted me to post the "inventory" to see if others responded. She doesn't think there are that many of us who just stock stuff away.

2 x 2004 La Scala's

2 Paradgigm Studio 60

2 Paradigm Studio 20

2 Pardigm ADP 450

1 Paradgm CC450

2 AR 308HO

4 Paradigm Edge

1 AR Center Channel (matching drivers to 308HO)

1 Klipsch Quintet III Center

6 Klipsch Quintet II Satelittes

Bose AM-5 Mk II (2 double cubes and passive sub)

1 Bose VCS Center

2 Bose 21 Bookshelf Speakers

1 Realistic Passive 12" Sub

1 Paradigm PS-1200

1 Klipsch Sub-10

"Loaned" to Friends (i will never get them back LOL)

2 Realistic Cast Satelittes

1 KLH Center

2 Advent Prodigy II Tower

2 KLH 3-Way Speakers (12 inch woofers)

2 Homemade 2 Way speakers (solid cherry w/ 8 inch woofers)

This count doesn't include the 2 Box-set shelf systems that are connected to my PC or sitting in my office at work.

The sad thing is, all of the speakers are currently in USE in some system somewhere (my house, parents house, lake cottage)

So how can I justify buying 2 More La Scala's.....DTEL's wife....I need your help on this one :-) LOL

KAK

Its important to jump on those La Scalas to increase the Klipsch representation in your collection of speakers.

There's nothing wrong with having alot of speakers if you appreciate and use them, or can conceive a possible use for them sometime down the road.

People should be happy, and if evaluating and celebrating Klipsch loudspeakers makes us happy, no one should stand in the way.

Its a little known fact that Thomas Jefferson was thinking of this exact situation when he stated we (Klipsch fans) are entitled to certain UNALIENABLE rights, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness (ie., Klipsch ownership and enthusiasm).

PSB 3LR

Klipsch Chorus II

Boston Accoustic A100

Only one pair isn't being used, one is in the stereo the other
is for the t.v. I have a hard time letting equipment sit idle if
I know it isn't going to get heavy usage. I prefer to have the
cash so I can buy something that will. Really the only way I keep
equipment is if I can't get at least 50% of what I paid for it or if it
is good enough to serve as a back-up, and I feel like I really only
need one back-up. But if all of it is being used regularly in
some fashion, that sounds reasonable to me. Tell her what you are going
to get rid of if you upgrade your system with the new speakers
(anything with Bose on it is a good candidate) and see if that
mollifies her.

Loud and Clear, I am pretty sure Jefferson said and wrote "inalienable rights" but you have the concept down anyway. For the record and the thread:

3 pairs of Forte II's

one Academy

Nakamichi LX-5

Nakamichi 480

Yamaha A550

plus cd player, dvd player 2 or 3 vcr's, At least 3 tv's not being used, technics sl-d2 turntable, sunfire cinema grand 200x7, probably more stuff if i really looked. There's also the stuff I use regularly.

Now she knows the company you keep. This either proves you right or categorizes us all.

I already tried the shoe approach. That is how I justified the La Scala purchase. I just correctly pointed out that it was only 20 pairs of shoes.

As for the Bose....Bought those with my own cash when I was in Middle School (first speaker purchase ever to start the madness). Parents wouldn't let me buy anything big (aka loud) for my bedroom. Plus I got them as a demo unit purchase from an electronics store that was going out of business. I think I paid about $150 for them.

Ever since, I have been consistently going back and forth between Klipsch and Paradigm models. I guess I can't figure out if I am Canadian or American (I do play hockey). The La Scala's will never get re-placed and I doubt if I will part with the Studio 20's as they are great bookshelf speakers and the Quintet HT set-up in my bedroom is safe.

KAK

buy them if you can get them cheap and they are local...you can always sell them later...

good thing you posted this...I was going to bid on them and ask you to recon them for me til I could get out there....I can't see a good deal slip away.

I may be going 400 miles south next.....so if someone buys these it's one less trip to plan.

• Moderators

Okay kkerley:

Here goes....in my best sales pitch....I heard an all LaScala set up....it is absolutely the most awesome sounding system I have ever heard. LaScalas are probably one of my favorite speakers....as a matter of fact dtel and I hope to purchase a pair in the future.

Let's see, two pairs of Forte IIs, one pair of Fortes, one pair of Heresys, one pair of Cornwall IIIs and a diy subwoofer....all in the family room except the Heresys. And....a pair of Forte IIs in my bedroom on hold for Oldtimer.....I think I have room for a pair of LaScalas and either Jubs or Khorns....haven't decided between the Jubs and the Khorns yet!!!!!

I generally encourage those who can afford it to buy new Klipsch....but I believe buying used Klipsch is like putting money in the bank....I haven't seen a decrease in pricing in the used market in the almost three years I have been following Klipsch.

How's that kk....let me know if she bought the sales pitch!!!!

You can always come to Indy and see (well more like experience) my HT.

Bring the wife too. I just might help her to make up her mind too.. hehehehehehehe

Were Cubs fans as well..... You have no idea on a 106" screen in high def just how cool it is to watch baseball!

Trust me, the sport "made for HDTV" is NFL football... GO COLTS!!

Let us know if your in Indy looking around shopping or something, and wanna stop on by!

Roger