Monday is K2 day!

Coytee

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice job on the Sink ...

who screwed up the rough-in on the water closet ..?? [:o]

TY on the lavatory... As for who screwed up the rough in... well... I'd hate to pick on my bro in law! [:$]

A bit of side fortune for me... a lifetime ago, right out of college I worked for a building materials company (Payless Cashways/Furrow Bldg materials)

My responsiblity in the store was the half of the store that had the plumbing & electrical departments. It's really only because of that background that I even caught the fact that the rough in was not deep enough. Had I not had that history, I'd made the wall "normal" and then had a problem with the toilet not mating up very well. I DO think they make toilets for situations like that however, the wife had specifically picked this one out and it's the traditional 12" OC.

Soooooooo, I had to make lemonade with my lemons.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to wire some things in the bigger room, where the Jubes will be going. The "blueprints" keep changing every time the wife comes around (no blueprints, the plans are "her visions" that are in her head)

Day one we're GOING to install a tray ceiling in there...

Day two, we're going to go with a traditional ceiling & no tray...

Day three... modified tray, going on three sides...

Day four...back to traditional

Day five...back to full tray...

today, we're (currently) stuck on a traditional ceiling, at 9'

I love making things with NO idea of what the end game is.

Nice work on the bathroom Richard, except maybe for the interesting water closet install but maybe you'll start a new trend, recessing the old wc in the wall? Our 2nd bathroom is still in the process of being torn down to be rebuilt.....should be interesting to see what kind of "design features" I incorporate into this project before it's completed.

I was going to comment about Michael getting so many amplifiers, but he can probably put 'em all to use and still might need more... and getting 'em from the grandson of the founder of Crown should make it even more fun

• Moderators

Richard's been a busy boy.

Nothing like a woman's touch with the decorating, eh Richard? My place is furnished in Early American Warehouse.

M

Thats funny, but you left out one word KLIPSCH warehouse !

You have a very nice house, how can you go wrong with real wood and stone !

Michael's house is decorated in early and late American Klipsch, it was great to see everyone's face when they see his collection, especially Jay's.

An unbelievable collection. He is not joking when he says " collect them all, its a set"

Update eh? (EAKKKKKKKKKKK...I'm starting to sound like Buckster... [:|] )

Update: I've got some floor plates nailed down... some studs up on two walls... speaker hole framed in...

oh... not that update eh? (dang, there I go again...)

Not really. Been tinkering downstairs and when I turn system over to 1 mono Jube & 1 mono LaScala, the single LaScala downstairs gets plugged into the MC-2102 as it's easier to reach.

I've probably had one or two hours total of actual in the room listening with the new amp. I DO like it and I do think it has a bit more snap to it than the dbx amp I've got. I don't know that I can really give any fair assesements given how little I've listened to it (that ought to make some folks here happy that I'm trying to avoid any snap judgments).

If someone wanted to squeeze something out of me then I'd say if we were on a scale of 1-10 then the two amps where ever they fall on that scale, are within 1 point of each other (ie, 7/8, 8/9 or 9/10 kinda thing... point being they are not a mile apart given how much I've listened to them up to now)

Does that give you absolutly no help?

[:o] [;)]

Second thought just hit me...

One thing I DO like about the Crown...well, two things actually. I like that it (like the dbx amp) has NO fan and is air cooled. My other dbx amp (BX-3) has a fan on it and one day after the carnage was turned down...I heard something strange. Took me a while to figure out that it was the fan making its normal noise that I was hearing. I did NOT like that.

Another thing I like about the Crown over the dbx, the Crown is simply a lot smaller, lighter and easier to hoist than the 88 lb two foot deep dbx amp. That dbx amp is simply a freaking monster! Even the power cord on the dbx amp seems like it's twice the size of the cord on the Crown. It IS probably twice as long on the dbx amp and that is something I do NOT like about the Crown. I think the Crown has a two foot cord???

I guess these are meant for commercial applications and under that logic I can understand a short cord but for home use..... you've got to be freaking kidding me lol. Although I DO just happen to have an outlet nearby, it's about two feet four inches away so the silly two foot cord won't reach and I've got to use a short (about 18") heavy extension cord. I bought a 12g one into three splitter at home Depot one day and came in handy for just this application.

(going to sound like Buckester again)

Two foot cord on a power amp??? BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[8o|]

Although I DO just happen to have an outlet nearby, it's about two feet four inches away so the silly two foot cord won't reach and I've got to use a short (about 18") heavy extension cord. I bought a 12g one into three splitter at home Depot one day and came in handy for just this application.

To clarify something here... right now (as in for the last three days), I've NOT been able to listen to the Crown. Reason being that dang short cord... I needed my 18 inch, heavy duty 1 into 3 cord downstairs and had to steal it from doing Crown duty!!!

I've only got a single working outlet downstairs and when I'm running the miter saw, circular saw, air compressor... I can change cords all the time or bring my 1-3 out and plug them into it.

It WILL be nice once I get some more outlets down there!!

Oh, and on that comment... I need more slots in my breaker box so I'm planning on simply adding a 70 amp, 12 circuit satellite box that I'll dedicate to all things stereo downstairs. I was going to put grey outlets in those dedicated lines (using standard ivory outlets in my 'non audio" lines)

The wife just rolled her eyes and said I was not going to be allowed to use different colored outlets down there.

sigh...

I thought I was doing her a favor by NOT looking for those blazing orange hospital outlets... I thought the gray outlets were at least semi-fashionable

Did you move the Jub setup to the basement?

Nope, not yet. They will be moved down there, but not before I at least get the walls up and the tile floor down. I'll either wait until the basement is done (for all practical purposes) or perhaps buy one of those $20 dolly's at Home Depot so I can move them out of the way while the trim work is being done (not to mention painting)

Don't want no splatter on them!!