My first Heritage purchase.....Forte II's!

scatsob

I know what you mean wuzzer, after hearing the Forte II's I almost regret getting my RF-7 system. I think Ill keep it though for my living room for now. Maybe if I can find another deal and get a few more Heritage speakers I will go all Heritage HT. It funny how people always want to know how much you paid. I always hated it because I was never able to get those kind of deals, like the guy that bought Heresy's at a garage sale for $50. I would not sat that I "stole" these by any streatch of the imagination. As I hinted to before I paid $300 a pair...or $600 for the four, which I guess is a deal considering the condition they are in, which is new.

• Moderators

Scatsob,

That is an excellent deal. And yes....you stole them....no doubt about it! I can't imagine anyone on this forum disagreeing with me!

WOW, super congratulations....like dtel said one more pair and you will have a HT set up that you can't believe!!!!

I know what you mean wuzzer, after hearing the Forte II's I almost regret getting my RF-7 system. I think Ill keep it though for my living room for now. Maybe if I can find another deal and get a few more Heritage speakers I will go all Heritage HT. It funny how people always want to know how much you paid. I always hated it because I was never able to get those kind of deals, like the guy that bought Heresy's at a garage sale for $50. I would not sat that I "stole" these by any streatch of the imagination. As I hinted to before I paid $300 a pair...or $600 for the four, which I guess is a deal considering the condition they are in, which is new.

Congrats on your Forte IIs. I highly encourage you to go all Heritage for your HT. Having owned a variety of Reference, including a full RF-7, Dean G'd setup, my ears still prefer Heritage, and I'm glad that I decided to go the full monty for an all-Heritage HT.

While its admirable that you disclosed the price that you paid for them, do not feel as though there is some sort of unwritten obligation to tell anyone in here what you paid for your used stuff. In fact, doing so may come back to bite you should you ever intend on reselling those items (e.g. upgrading, financial difficulties, etc)

I used to believe that sharing the details of "the deal" with the crowd was the way to go. Lately, I've changed my mind after reading various "interesting" comments directed towards those who attempt to resell their stuff at anything above what they acquired it for. While I'm an advocate of paying it forward, when possible, no one stands in the other's shoes, (or mind) and there may be circumstances in which it might be necessary (or desirable) for one to sell their stuff for the most that they can reap. I'm also an advocate of living and let live and that does not always seem to be a priority for some in the forum.

The bottom line is that the price of acquisition is no one else's business unless you choose to share the info.

Again, congrats on your find. I love my Fortes, and you are well on your way.

Anyone have a spare Academy they could sell Scatsob?

Carl.

There is one on ebay right now but its at $150 and change and I dont even have that kind of scratch right now...moving truck rentals are expensive. I think im just going to use them for 2-channel in the bedroom and later on when I have money and my kids arent writing all over everything ill can the 7's and move them to the living room.:)

How about a strait up trade?....you would have to pay for the shipping though.[:D]

Very interesting offer there. Except for the shipping part. The problem is I don't have anywhere to put RF-7s or even store them in a proper environment at the time. where are you anyway?