• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eleganza...Godfather..LOL

Who names these products? The mafiozis

Monster Cable should stick to overpriced cables,or hire a new person to select names for subs...and name this sub the Crapenza Skankshanker

Award winning my behind...any bum who gives a bag of money to the award giving team can be an award winner,and we know Monstah Kay Blllll has plenty O money.

This said I am officiallllly introducing my very own....Bulldozza SubWoofah....it is Tea H Ex approved and an award winner!

In my knowledge it generally takes more power to produce copius
amounts of bass than it does mids and highs. Look at any symphony
orchestra. The try to have as many string basses or tubas as possible,
over very few picolos. The same is with loudspeakers. A good example I
can think of is a Mackie SA active loudspeaker. 3 way, 100 watts each
to the mids and highs and 1100 watts to the bass section. Besides, bass
is the most important part of music, or really anything. You listen to
music without bass, it just doesn't sound right. Try it for yourself if
you don't believe me. Also, with the demand for powerful (not
necessarily good) HT components, people see "1000 watts" and assume
it's something worth buying. That's just the way it all seems to me.

And Monster is bogus.

• Moderators

Here is their actual website http://www.mdesignlife.com/productPage.asp?pin=2241

And this component cabinet is whacked at $4999.00. http://www.mdesignlife.com/productPage.asp?pin=2375

I can't see anyone spending $5000.00 on one piece of furniture to hold their audio components.

$2000.00 Eleganza Center Channel that has the tweeters firing at the listening area but it's midrange speakers facing straight upwards towards the ceiling? I don't think so.

Gee, I don't have $5000. in both my set-ups combined..........It's getting expensive in this playground.......Jay, why do you feel you need 3000 rms watts of a sub woofer? Even your rsw 12, do you think you use all 600 watts ? Wanting and needed are two different subjects........I want a pair of Jubilee's, but I don't need them........ I'm not argueing with you, I'm asking you a question...........How a man spends his money has no bearing on my choices.

Those people are dumb....completely dumb. And also, I think audio has always

been expensive, if you look in the right places. Wilson Alexandria

X-2s, $126000 a pair. Is it worth it? Some say so, some claim they're

the absolute best speakers in the world...I personally don't know.

Designs are getting more extravagant (case in point, that center

channel) and more expensive and unfortunately, people will buy them...

• Moderators

Several years ago, I worked in the Home Audio department at Circuit City. We went to a Monster Cable training seminar. At the seminar, the monster cable representative showed us the differences between their cables, brought in samples etc. During the training, he brought out the best audio cable they sold. I believe they were (2) 6 foot audio cables that sold for $700.00. He asked us if we thought they were worth $700.00. Most of us said no and he said we were right. He said they sold it for $700.00 because there were people that would pay that much. Sad huh?

1000 watt subwoofer is not that crazy?

Yes it is...............Why does one need 1000 watt Sub? Shed some light........please

the rsw12 I have is 600 rms and 2400 peak?

the subwoofer I will have is 3000 rms, 10000 peak?

The RSW12 is rated by Klipsch 600W RMS and 2.4KW peak. The subwoofer you will have IS...3KW RMS...10KW peak... [8-|]

Yes it is...............Why does one need 1000 watt Sub? Shed some light........please

The RSW12 is rated by Klipsch 600W RMS and 2.4KW peak. The subwoofer you will have IS...3KW RMS...10KW peak... [8-|]

Didn't Jay just say the same thing?

Didn't Jay just say the same thing?

Say what ? I was sarcastic as he always says what he will have one day and it will have 3KW RMS....and 10KW peak he takes a driver radting and gives specs like he had an amp capable of EXACTLY 3KW RMS and 10KW PEAK... LOL

The monet he finally gets his PMS-5400 or 9900 I will get the PMS-15000 with twice the power. TheEAR will not be bested. [:P]

Comprende El Sinor Jackson, mue bien Viva la Revolucion....Viva Fidel.... [:'(]

Viva Fidel....Viva los Cigaros....Viva Krustchev (someone like that)...Viva la.....la....La Klipsch