I move to BAN ... CoyTee

Duke Spinner

Some observations that I've not heard yet...(yes, from the peanut gallery)

1. Why are the L/R gains on the Peach cranked to max?

2. Why is the Peach set in mono? (second knob from left)

3. Why does the Dx38 say Jubilee & LaScala on its little screen?

4. Why was the picture cropped in height to cut off the visible cd names of the Bee Gees, Marie Osmond and of course, Ann Murray?

Free biscuits (and co-banishment) to the first one to get it right.

[:o]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some observations that I've not heard yet...(yes, from the peanut gallery)

1. Why are the L/R gains on the Peach cranked to max? Are they? I didn't think they were both topped out?

2. Why is the Peach set in mono? (second knob from left) Because he has a Jube upstairs and LS downstairs

3. Why does the Dx38 say Jubilee & LaScala on its little screen? Special dual mode for mono one speaker on each floor

4. Why was the picture cropped in height to cut off the visible cd names of the Bee Gees, Marie Osmond and of course, Ann Murray? Richard's ashamed of his Marie Osmond fetish.

Free biscuits (and co-banishment) to the first one to get it right. Thanks but I just had a nice B&G breakfast as part of my usual Saturday morning routine.

[:o]

Oh and BSam, way to up the post count! Was that 4 in a row in the same thread- you GO man!

Sorry fellas, I say NOT!

Richard is an extremely nice guy and delivered some Klipsch speakers to me right at the Klipsch parking lot once. Has done many good favors for many of us Forum bros. Never did any harm to anyone.

Nope, I can't help with your proposed project. Remember how many of YOU had to do some backpedaling or flower&diamond purchases to bring your beloved speaker/amp/whatever into the house. We should empathize with our brother's plight, not run him down for cowardice. I say we rally around him and wish him well in his endeavor!

Michael

Gee Michael, its hard to type as my eyes keep welling up with tears and my keyboard is slippery from the teardrops...

And since when is character a positive quality on this site?

Richard, may I seriously suggest that you provide a little ventilation between the individual pieces of all of that tightly stacked gear!!!!!

Gee Michael, its hard to type as my eyes keep welling up with tears and my keyboard is slippery from the teardrops...

And since when is character a positive quality on this site?

Richard, may I seriously suggest that you provide a little ventilation between the individual pieces of all of that tightly stacked gear!!!!!

Mark...you're getting sentimental on us...

As for ventilation... whussthat? I'll have a bit more room (I hope/think) when I lug all this downstairs. Until then, I've got what I've got.

A bit of an update: Had the amp on most of the day, listening to several cd's that I've acquired from various people from this site (and I thank you all)

Been downstairs and outside working other than maybe 10 minutes in same room while I had it cranking a bit.

I don't know that the difference between the K2 and the dbx is a black/white "OMG" difference however with that said, I DO think it is a noticable difference and very much in the direction I like.

Duke... you'll be happy to know that (presuming I understand the gain control without yet reading the manual) I've got it knocked back to a -5 db setting. Ironically, I need to attenuate the bass bins relative to the HF horns 5 db's when using these two amps (Crown XLR and McIntosh RCA inputs). I do that matching in the x-over but now I have the xover at 0 instead of -5.

I think this amp is indeed going to be a keeper.

Heck... much to the chagrin of those who accuse me of recommending Jubes to everyone who has a $500 budget and a 12x12 room... better watchout... I might start recommending K2's for those looking to upgrade their I-pods & earbuds!!

[:o] [;)]

Sorry fellas, I say NOT!

Richard is an extremely nice guy and delivered some Klipsch speakers to me right at the Klipsch parking lot once. Has done many good favors for many of us Forum bros. Never did any harm to anyone.

Nope, I can't help with your proposed project. Remember how many of YOU had to do some backpedaling or flower&diamond purchases to bring your beloved speaker/amp/whatever into the house. We should empathize with our brother's plight, not run him down for cowardice. I say we rally around him and wish him well in his endeavor!

Michael

Indeed, Michael brings up a very good point. If Richard brings every forum member a pair of heritage Klipsch speaker then I say let him stay...

Who's with me![8-|]

Thanks Michael for the great idea

I don't know that the difference between the K2 and the dbx is a black/white "OMG" difference however with that said, I DO think it is a noticable difference and very much in the direction I like.

You should be getting more Slam, and sweeter mids from the K2... the DBX was a great amp in it's time

you may want to check the gain setting under the hood ... see the manual, there's a dip switch adjustment , different drive levels for full power