Old K'horn photos being posted - finally

GWSmith

Hello all...

Just to let you know, the photos of my early K'Horn project are being posted as the re-firb begins and continues. You can find these in the TECHNICAL QUESTIONS area under 1968 K'horns.

Thanks and enjoy :o)

...Gary

PS. can you post more then ONE photo per mailing ?? I can only transmit one at a time....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok everyone.....

Here then are the photos I took from yesterday's work on the K'horn's model A crossover. This includes shots of the crossovers, then all components dismounted and on the table mat. The mounting boards BEFORE cleanup. Then after being washed with a brush and dried quickly with towels.

A couple of photos of the new caps being installed, and then a shot of the old GE oil filled caps and then the completed job.

I made SURE that NO new holes were made for the mounting of the new caps. I used two of the same holes once used by the original caps and recycling the screws as well...

Hope you like the work done on these.

You may ask what those were in the background? They are organ pipes that I was working on from a small portable organ which we provide for the Boston Symphony Orchestra for the concert season out at Tanglewood, MA [;)]

Enjoy the continued progress on the Klipschorns through the photos provided.

Regards,

Gary

Started to load all photos from the Xover project. First one went off without a hitch. The next one came up with the warning about the admin. NOT allowing dupliclate mailings. I am not sure what this means, perhaps I should include a little bit of dialog in each one and then it will sent ??

Not sure, put worth a dry..

............Gary

Photos here shows BOTH are now complete. Did you notice that the original wiring assembly shows wires on one are dashed with black stripes, while the other has none ?? Interesting........

I hope you enjoyed the photo tour of this little crossover rebuild. I used the same techniques and neatness conducted in our pipeorgan shop.

I will send MORE photos of the bass module, the cleaning of much dust etc. in and round the horn assemply. Then cleaning and restoration of the woodwork and hopfully a brightening of the cloth grills also....................

With my regards,

Gary

post-23544-1381934419748_thumb.jpg

HA [:D] I COULD NOT resist this one........

Again, thanks to Bob for providing the capacitors for this job. Soon, they will be installed and I will be able to hear these speakers for the FIRST TIME!

......Gary

post-23544-138193441984_thumb.jpg

Photos here shows BOTH are now complete. Did you notice that the original wiring assembly shows wires on one are dashed with black stripes, while the other has none ?? Interesting........

I hope you enjoyed the photo tour of this little crossover rebuild. I used the same techniques and neatness conducted in our pipeorgan shop.

I will send MORE photos of the bass module, the cleaning of much dust etc. in and round the horn assemply. Then cleaning and restoration of the woodwork and hopfully a brightening of the cloth grills also....................

With my regards,

Gary

Gary,

thank you for posting the pics. of your procedure. I have never done any of this type of work before, but, after viewing your pics and seeing how easy it can be by being so methodical in your work, the fear of attempting such an endeavor has subsided. I have a few vintage speakers that could probably benefit from this procedure.

Great job!

Tom

With my regards,

Gary

Gary,

thank you for posting the pics. of your procedure. I have never done any of this type of work before, but, after viewing your pics and seeing how easy it can be by being so methodical in your work, the fear of attempting such an endeavor has subsided. I have a few vintage speakers that could probably benefit from this procedure.

Great job!

Tom

Hello again Tom..

Thanks for your kind words... There is nothing to this, just take your time, be neat and swap out one at a time if you fear mixing up the wires, you'll be fine[:)]...

I went back and read my first note for this thread and BOY, guess a little too much wine or something, I see some pretty awful spelling [:S].

NOTE: I am cleaning one of the grills right now outside. I bought some OXY clean spray and I am following the directions. This one side grill was already done once with that Fantastik spray, but I want to give this new stuff a try. I will take photos of this right now and post...

Keep and eye right here for more !

Regards,

Gary