Old K'horn photos being posted - finally

GWSmith

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one of the rear, now that they are complete (without the side grills). Note some of the rubber padding has missing sections? This all by the previous owner. I would like to change this out and have COMPLETE strips.

post-23544-13819344411148_thumb.jpg

[;)]Here is the final shot for now... This shows the one making all the bass on the right........ The left WILL have a half wall built to complete the installation. The electronics are just temporary for now.. I just wanted to hear that `wall of sound' for myself [;)]

Thank you for viewing and PLEASE write if you want to chat or add comment.

..Regards,

Gary

post-23544-13819344414248_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there was trouble for people to write back to this topic. I had my subscription disabled!!! Sorry, I hope that people will be able to write now..

I will learn how to run this thing yet [:$]

...Regards

Thanks Tom. I really appreciate you nice comments. I remember about a year ago when I first joined the forum. I mentioned that I had been willed these speakers from a very good friend of mine that had passed on, and that someday, I would have them setup and take photos etc.... Well, that has now come to pass. [;)]

There were MANY responses to that, but, I could NOT send any photos at the time because they were sitting in storage in my garage (this one, attached to house and very CLEAN), under a cover. So, I am glad to be able to present in detail my experiences cleaning them and bringing an audio signal to them once again after sitting silenced for the better part of 3 years! (O:

I DO have another topic going, concerning my listening experiences over the past few days and my findings. I have mail there and suggestions by members to read on a certain problem I have noticed.

Again, many thanks!

Truly,

Gary

Ok all.......

Its OFFICIAL.... My tweeters are nearly dead (low gauss from aging Alnico magnets - as told by a Klipcsh techie on Friday) and after the listening test and finding a buzz in the left horn driver, I decided to replace everything! I contacted Bob C. and ordered up two CT-125's AND two K-55 diaphragms along with a pair of new coupling gaskets! They should be here on Wed. according to Bob.

And I will begin yet ANOTHER series of photos of the proceedure for you all, or at least those who dare not try this alone (diaphragm replacement)..

All from here for now ..

.....Gary