Heresy Ownwers - any recommendation for a budget tube-intergrated?

dkalsi

Hi all,

As you know I picked up a pair of Heresy's II for my cousin just last week (the ones in West Virginia). He is looking for a budget tube intergrated amp.

Do you guys have any recommendations around the $600+- a few range?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

I second the vintage unit.  Especially the Scott.  I had a 299D and liked it alot.  I've not heard the Fishers or Eicos, but they are suposed to be very good as well.  One thing to consider is that a rebuilt unit may be pushing your budget.  The benfit of units such as the Scott is that they have a top notch phono stage if that is your thing.

I would also recommend checking A'gon for a used Jolida.  An el34 based model should work very nicely with the Heresy.  Jolida's won't have a phono stage, but they are built like tanks.

Here is a Jolida at $825.  Keep looking, you should be able to find a better price:

If this one comes up used, and it does quite often, it should be in your range:

Good things are often said about this Almarro:

See the review:

Here is an Eico for sale:

And, finally, if you can double that budget and need phono, you could probably get this Audio Note and be done (if you can live with 10 watts):

I just bought a Harman Kardon A 260 off e-bay for $200 this last month. Sounds great with no hum. It has four 6l6 tubes for output .You can also run a 3 channel speaker setup. Also has 2 zones setup for speakers.. I don't know about more expensive amps but this sounds great to me. Just a cd player and some heresey's[;)]

post-27166-13819344170082_thumb.jpg

I just bought a Harman Kardon A 260 off e-bay for $200 this last month. Sounds great with no hum. It has four 6l6 tubes for output .You can also run a 3 channel speaker setup. Also has 2 zones setup for speakers.. I don't know about more expensive amps but this sounds great to me. Just a cd player and some heresey's[;)]

Congrats BadDad......Very good purchase....great price.....I bought a HK tubed receiver made in 1962 off audiogon and I love the sound.

Enjoy!