So this is why I'm fat !

dtel

I have to wait for OPP to call me when they can do traffic control so I can winch a car out of the rhubarb.

Michael- this just made me laugh out loud.

Also a foot and a half of snow? Now I remember why I moved back south.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow Glenn, that's great to hear!

My dad was a big guy for a while....I think he was getting close to 400 pounds? It took him a few years to work most of it off, but I can remember every day that he felt better and better and would do more and more stuff. Has it only been 4 months since you began? That's quite an accomplishment, especially considering the great food your wife cooks [Y]

Sadly, I've been going the other direction this semester. I've had to give up all of my physical activities because I simply do not have the time. Sitting in the lab for 12-16 hours a day and ordering take-out isn't exactly a recipe for losing weight...I've put on 15 lbs and 1.5" [:(] Hopefully next semester I'll muster up some of this dedication you seem to got going on and reverse the process.

Wait, it is tomorrow morning, I guess I need an hour or two of shut-eye!

That's just insane all the wreckage you see everyday...I always show my lab buddies the pics you send me of your work. Sounds like you've got yourself some killer job security...

I figure as a 50 year old man with a BP of 104/50 and 6 Litres of lung volume I can still fight five rounds in the Octagon and wrestle tournaments once a month. I am 5'6" and weigh 134 lbs. This way, when I die, if any of my organs are any good, someone else can have 'em. Besides, I've heard Surgeons ***** about operating on fat people, and I don't want to cause them any inconvenience.

Michael Hurd: Wow! I'm almost ashamed to show you the photo below of the measily 3/4" of snow we got on Saturday! LOLOL

Dr. Who: Hey, man; know you, once you get away from those books for a while after the semester is over, you probably won't be sitting still much and I bet those pounds will come right back off. In the meantime, that fast food will get you so maybe you can pack a lunch with some healthier stuff? Trust me; I know how it is! Thanks. You're right; Verna is a great cook!

mfk: I'm not 100% certain how to take your last sentence but it sounds like you've continued to maintain a very healthy lifestyle and congratulations are in order. I hope to no longer fall into the realm of "fat people" as you put it, some time in the near future. I am 56 and 5'10" myself and despite where I was with my weight originally, my current BP usually comes in around 110/80, but I am taking something to help with that presently. I'm hopeful that with continued weightloss, healthy eating and exercise that I may be able to quit the BP meds in the future. One good sign is that my cholesteral is at 170 total and that's without help from meds. I have a lot of allergies, but I have noticed that as my weight goes down, so do my symptoms from my allergies, so my lung capacity is on the upswing. As soon as my knees are better healed in the spring I will resume a cardio workout. One of the changes my wife really appreciates is that I no longer snore when I sleep! But, I've got no business even thinking about the Octagon any time soon! It's all good!

Below shows the measily 3/4" of "snow" the Detroit area got last Saturday that prompted a "Winter Storm Warning!" Give me a break! LOL

post-10177-13819354093348_thumb.jpg

I figure as a 50 year old man with a BP of 104/50 and 6 Litres of lung volume I can still fight five rounds in the Octagon and wrestle tournaments once a month. I am 5'6" and weigh 134 lbs.

There's a man who hasn't been humbled by a medical reason ................ Yet !!!! Males, we think we're so tough, ..... Yeah Right !!!!