So this is why I'm fat !

dtel

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Islander: I can only imagine how difficult winter must be for handicapped individuals. I have recently watched from a new perspective as a gentleman who works in our building at the office struggles numerous times during each day to wrestle his wheelchair in and out of the back seat of his old '89 Thunderbird while seated in his driver's seat and then proceeds to move himself and his lifeless legs into and out of his vehicle so he can earn a living. I see the constant frustration in his face each time and nearly everytime, the exercise ends in his anger with his legs and with his chair And this is during nice weather. The process can take as long as 10 mintes from the time he begins until the time he pulls away. He parks very near the window my desk is near, so that is why I have begin to notice his dilemma. I can only imagine how much worst and how much more frustrating it must be in winter and inclement weather!

Phil: It's the belt-maker you should actually be thanking; due to my weight loss, it is the belt that is holding my loose shorts up; the zipper is now just along for the ride! LOL -Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to report that I lost another notch on my belt yesterday. I am now on the last one and I'll have to punch out more pretty soon, or just buy a smaller one. There's no picture this time because I don't want to gross Phil out again. LOL! That's 4 inches off the waist in almost 8 weeks. We're on a roll! -Glenn

I'm happy to report that I lost another notch on my belt yesterday. I am now on the last one and I'll have to punch out more pretty soon, or just buy a smaller one. There's no picture this time because I don't want to gross Phil out again. LOL! That's 4 inches off the waist in almost 8 weeks. We're on a roll! -Glenn

Well done, picky! Progress is really encouraging, but stay the course even if the rate of progress varies up or down. Keep us up to date.

Thanks everyone! Your encouragement sure means a lot to me. But, I realize this is just the tip of the iceberg and there's a long, difficult battle ahead of me with lots of cliffs and plateaus. As for dissing somebody else such as Britney, I'm afraid I will abstain as I have no room to talk and I don't wish to become a hypocrite. You guys can bash away if you wish, but I need to remain focused on my own issues. She'll have to deal with her own issues herself. Thanks. -Glenn

Steve: Thanks, man! That's very encouraging but I don't really want to grow another beard because it all comes in gray now (I used to be blonde back in the day). LOL I'm also not much for hair pieces, either. LOL So, I'll have to settle for how I wind up looking now and just put looking like my old picture again, completely out of my mind. Hey, I think you did very well; 25 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! -Glenn

You go Picky!! I also use Glucosamine and Condroitin. Normally you feel a difference inn 3-4 weeks, at least that's been my experience. I'll be 50 in November and taking G+C is one of the reasons I can still play soccer. Fish oil suppliments are also good for your joints and have an added benefit (Omega 3) for your heart.

• 2 months later...

For those of you who are interested:

The latest status of my "Positive Downward Spiral".......

Although I know that I still have a very long way to go.....

As of today, Friday, November 30, 2007, I am down 71 pounds and minus 8 inches from my waist since I began on July 18th. I'm almost ready to buy my second, brand new belt since I started! LOL The knees are getting much better, too!

HEY INDY: I'm almost ready for all of those stairs in your house! LOL

Just look at this smiley guy......

post-10177-1381935395697_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Wow Glenn, that's great, you have to feel better.

That's alot of weight you have lost, good for you, keep it up, i know it's hard.

I was happy to read you were still at it, bring this thread back every once in a while with updates, good job ! [*]

Glenn,

You are doing great. The Glucosamine and Condroitin supplement I take has really seemed to help out with my knees as well. I will say that during my two week trip to China, I lost over five pounds, and most of that was just because we walked so much. That pulled me back to 150. I seem to float around that weight, and can really tell if it goes up much beyond that. I know you will reap the rewards for your diligence.

Bruce

Thanks everyone. Your encouragement is certainly a great incentive for me to continue trying harder and harder on this long journey. I am taking Glucosamine tablets each day. I think they have helped but I do believe there is no official, definitive proof that it actually does anything. But I can tell you that I seed to begin improving faster 3 or 4 weeks after I began taking it. Coincidence? Perhaps. But, I'll stick with it fir now. I still must take Ibuprofen and some pain killers twice a day, but the doses are now a fraction of what I was taking a while ago. Plus, with less weigh being placed on my knees, that's a huge help, too! I feel so much more energetic and have been going an enormous amount of work around the house this fall, with much few breaks than before.

Speaking of; on the topic of the forum, we installed a Panasonic 50", 1080p Plasma on the wall in the living room this week. It looks and works great in place of our old, standard definition Toshiba 35" CRT. It wasn; that hard to hang. Verna and I and our next door neighbor put the thing up on the wall with a Premiere Mounts model AM250 articulating arm. It's very sturdy! The screen weighs 105 pounds.

It started snowing 30 minutes ago, here. We're under a winter storm watch and it's accunulating quickly. Our new LED christmas lights outside look so colorful against the white of the snow. We put our tree up today and it's so cozy in the living room right now. We're watching the Red Wings in HD and they are ahead of Phoenix 1-0 in the first. Life is good my friends!

Glenn, Congratulations on the weight loss buddy! Up here it is snowing like mental, we got a total of a foot and a half in one overnight dump, with more coming down as I speak, I have to wait for OPP to call me when they can do traffic control so I can winch a car out of the rhubarb. Been a busy week here for me!