Anyone Else Catch Neil Young's "HEART OF GOLD" Concert on TV

Gilbert

I throughly enjoyed it. Neil offers great info-bits between some of his songs. If you haven't watched it, and enjoy even 1 Neil Young song, you've must watch this televised concert. Just 5 min. and you'll be glued to your seat. Excellent show.

Was this a PBS deal, Gilberto? Did you Tivo it?

Was it the DVD?

Don't know if it was that DVD or not. It is a live performance that I first saw air'ed (on my TV anyway) about 2 ago. It is an awsome performance Fini, and I did absolutely record it. I have Dish Network, but I believe it was HBO. It's such a good performance, very moving for me, especially when he played Harvest Moon and Old Man. He also played a few songs that I was not familiar with, maybe new, or maybe I just never heard them before, hard for me to believe the later though.

Eitherway, it sure was a nice treat to watch. Like I said, I was glued to my seat from the get go. Excellent performance, excellent sound quailty. A+ all around.

Sounds good! I've been enjoying the recently released live "Massey Hall" CD of his.

Well, don't erase the show yet. I may need to come over to your place to watch it, or have you burn a disc... ;^)

The Massey Hall recording is amazing. I've been a Neil fan for ions, and the televised concert being talked about in this thread is on Showtime. Very good on HD broadcast.

If it was at Ryman Auditorium in Nashville (Grand Old Opry) then it is the same as the DVD (which I own). A very good show indeed. I believe he did a lot of the Prairie Wind album at that concert. Not sure if you know it but that film (concert) was directed by Jonathan Demme.

Mike

The one on Showtime is the concert you speak of on DVD.

Recorded at the Ryman Theatre .................. will have to check that out !!!! ......... Amazing how many rock people are going and performing at the Ryman. I think it's great, one of the last of the REAL Music Venue's left in this country, save the history of music, Great Stars have blessed that wonderful old stage, and the tradition continues......

I really love the Heart of Gold version of "The Old Laughing Lady" brings tears to my eyes everytime. I like Live at Massey Hall alot to. There has been alot of talk about ticket prices. I wish they weren't so much so more of the younger folks could see him. My wife and I have second row center floor seats to see him in Toronto at Massey Hall on 11/26/07. I had front row seats to see him in Chicago on his birthday (11/12/07) but sold them in favor of Massey Hall. My wife maybe able to go Toronto but definately couldnt have made the trip to Chicago. 999.99 for the 2 Massey Hall Tickets. The guy I bought the tickets from probably made 600.00 profit. I won't complain or apologize. I volunteered. I hope to get some great pics. The harley guys used to say if you have to ask you wouldnt understand if I told you. It's the same thing with the Neil Young faithful that will pay the price for the good seats. Massey Hall will be the 27th time I've seen Neil. If you happen to see a 1959 bio fuel/electric Lincoln going down the expressway, take a second look, the driver will be the greatest singer songwriter of all time.

Tuned4,

Where does one go to for these kinds of tickets?

You can try getting tickets through the Neil Young Fan Club pre ticket sales. There will be some more fan club pre sales coming up in early november for the last leg of the tour. I wasn't able to land the Massey hall tickets through the pre sale so I had to go to eBay. The eBay seller I bought them from is eBay user pai1975. He let me exchange my Chicago front row tickets towards the Massey Hall 2nd row Tickets. He had another pair of 2nd row Massey Hall Tickets for 999.99 Buy it Now but they sold shortly after being listed. The last time I checked he still had a pair of Front row pit tickets for Chicago 11/12/07 899.99 buy it now.