Lets Go Phillies

jacksonbart

Don't get me wrong, I love Chooch, but this kid is the real deal. He looks like he is 12 years old, heck he is only 23. Hitting almost .300 with 18 homeruns is impressive, but to have the intellect/wisdom to be a starting catcher for a staff like the Giants at 23 is saying something.

post-16829-1381961796832_thumb.jpg

post-16829-13819621701402_thumb.jpg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the H2O graphic! How about one for the Giants...Buster in the squat, with a flower pot on home plate, surrounded by all the pitchers. Call it "Posey's Patch." Hmm, maybe not manly enough...

Had to work yesterday :( but listening on the radio was actually a bit of a relief. Came home and watched the game (thanks, Tivo) with those inane announcers. There was a great (albeit subtle...and kinda little-leaguey) play that they just completely missed. I think it was Victorino that took off for 2nd on a steal. Posey's throw took a weird hop, and just grazed Renteria's glove on out into center. Victorino didn't see where the ball was, and Renteria tried the old fake out, keeping the glove on Victorino, thus keeping him from advancing to third on the overthrow. I have no idea what game Buck and McCarver were watching. Still, I loved the game. [:D]

The President is pitching today....MADISON Bumgarner. I hope he's on his game, with the Giants anemic offense, i want this series over. Then i can "try" to buy some world series tickets and make the seven hour drive to The City. in case you've never been, the Giants have the most beautiful ballpark in all of baseball. -- Steve --

Here's a nice article on McCovey. He wants the Giants to play the Mets in the WS. Quoting the article, “That’s exactly what I’d like to see,” McCovey said. “I don’t mind
saying it, I’d rather play the Yankees. There’s nobody I’d like to meet
more. I feel we still owe them something. I’m counting on this
generation of players for payback.”

Here's a nice article on McCovey. He wants the Giants to play the Mets in the WS. Quoting the article, “That’s exactly what I’d like to see,” McCovey said. “I don’t mind saying it, I’d rather play the Yankees. There’s nobody I’d like to meet more. I feel we still owe them something. I’m counting on this generation of players for payback.”

McCovey was a great player and clearly is suffering some phyical maladies, but I don't think his cognitive skills have dimished to the point where he believes that the Giants can play the Mets in the WS.

Go Phillies..