Lets Go Phillies

jacksonbart

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Phillies and all of their many fans...I still can't get over all the cold weather gear that the Rays were wearing...it made them look really silly from my point of view. Those ball caps with the "earflaps" should be banned from baseball...

• 11 months later...

Wow so much doubt.... Perhaps it is worthy.. I am for one routing (& some times tooting) for the Phillies. The odds makers I see say Yanks against the Phills are a 9/5 favorite. (oddssharks.com) I am not a betting man for sports, just poker where I know the odds.

The Phillies date back to 1883 when they started out as the Quakers, but were known as the Philadelphias or the Quakers until 1890 when it was officially shortened to the Phillies. They have completed 127 major league seasons and have played 19,052 regular season games through 2009, winning 9,035 and losing 10,162. 10,162 games is a record, 16 straight loosing seasons is also up there. The Phils have one two World Series and 7 National League pennants.

Are the storied New York Yankees scared yet? no...... The Yankess are relative upstarts in comparision, they started playing in Baltimore as the Orioles in 1901 and moved to NewYork in 1903 and came by the name the Yankees by 1913. They are 30 years the junior to the Fightin Phillies. The Yankees have won 26 World Series and 39 American League pennants. Their story is shorter but a much more interesting read.

I believe its the Phillies time. Two in a row. Who is with me?