New Cornwall III's Incoming...

strictlylespaul

hang on, I'll be right back...

here ya go, just happened to have a pair lying about (it could only happen here folks)

18.5 x 28.5 x 41.5 inches in boxes.

If you're going a long distance I'd much rather keep em upright if you can. If not, open em up and find out which side is the back and lay them on their backs. This will keep the woofer screws from wanting to tear out if you hit big bumps.

• Moderators

Thanks. I'm pretty excited. After doing the Magnepan thing (wonderful speakers) for several years, I'm anxious to see what horns have to offer. Did I mention that I'm excited?

strictly

You should be excited, you picked " one " of the best Klipsch makes !

" I'm anxious to see what horns have to offer."

It won't take long for you to answer that question, they will jump right at you with that live sound !

What color / wood did you pick ?

Wow - that's very cool. All by hand? I had no idea that was done anymore - will make me appreciate them even more. Honestly, I'm glad I hadn't posted earlier - the wait would really be killing me by now. Actually it'll be seven weeks, which doesn't seem bad considering.

Thanks to all who've responded. I'll be taking pics when I pick them up/set them up, if anyone's interested, I'll post with comments after I've had a chance to hear them.

strictly

• Moderators

Strictly,

Welcome to the forum. I think you will really enjoy hanging out here, lots of nice folks, in case you haven't noticed!

BTW, the link dtel posted shows the Cornwall IIIs we won at the Klipsch Pilgrimage in 2006 in Hope. The CIIIs were one of the door prizes given away by Klipsch. We were able to select the finish we wanted. We also chose Walnut. We had to wait about six weeks for the speakers to be built, the waiting is tough, but it is well worth it.

One suggestion, give the Corns some time to "break in" before you judge them. The longer you play them the more you will like them!

Again, welcome to the forum and thank you for buying new Klipsch Heritage!

I decided to go with the perennial favorite - Oiled Walnut. Couldn't find any Cherry examples.

Chip

I could post a pix of my Cherry H III's if you wanted. I think the Cherry is nice and warm and interesting looking. The light gloss lacquer is a splendid finish also.

Hello - yeah I was surprised at how helpful everyone has been - hopefully I'll have opportunities to do the same sometime. That's some door prize!

Break-in you say - guess I'd expect that with any speaker, but it's good to know since I've never heard the CW before. Really though, I'm not too concerned - given the run of my music collection, taste for volume, and some "coincedental" hearing loss over the years from too much live music, I think the Cornwalls will be just what the Dr ordered - so to speak.

Thanks for the welcome - good to be here.

strictly

Hello - yeah I was surprised at how helpful everyone has been

Don't let everyone fool you....we're all a bunch of putzes and now, you are one too!

[;)]

Congrats on your purchase. I like that you bought them without ever hearing them before!!