Jamo Speakers- Impressions ! A+++

Bill H.

I recently purchased a set of E 680 Jamo speakers, not fully reading that they were only 6 Ohms......... I did not notice any decreased sound because of this...........

system

3 Way Bassreflex

dots_below.gif

Woofer (inch/mm)

2 x 8/203

dots_below.gif

Midrange (inch/mm)

3 / 76

dots_below.gif

Tweeter (inch/mm)

1 / 25 Dome

dots_below.gif

Sensitivity (dB - 2,8V / 1m)

dots_below.gif

Impedance (Ohm)

dots_below.gif

Weight (kg/lb)

13,8/30,42

dots_below.gif

Dimensions (HxWxD/mm/in)

1029x257x265/40,51x10,11x10,40

dots_below.gif

Frequency Range

40 - 20000

dots_below.gif

powerLongTerm

dots_below.gif

powerShortTerm

dots_below.gif

terminalType

Single wiring

dots_below.gif

totalVolume

70,1/2,47

dots_below.gif

suggestedBackboxSize

/

dots_below.gif

post-4626-13819349183768_thumb.jpg

to my knowledge - you should not have any issues with the sound - the 6ohm is the impedence of the speaker - there speakers will draw more current from your amplifier because there relatively low resistance. - you should be find - just so long as your amp can handle 6ohm load - but in terms of sound quality - I think you should be fine

- someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Bill-I have a pair of the E530 bookshelf speakers and the matching sub. I like the sound ok, but they are a pretty laid back speaker IMO. I heard some Jamo towers a few years back and don't recall how they sounded. Let us know what you think of them. Where did you get them, btw?

-David

Bill-I have a pair of the E530 bookshelf speakers and the matching sub. I like the sound ok, but they are a pretty laid back speaker IMO. I heard some Jamo towers a few years back and don't recall how they sounded. Let us know what you think of them. Where did you get them, btw?

-David

Where else...............right here at the Klipsch Ebay store!.............

My impressions after listening for 1 hour are............Fabulous! To my untrained ear they have Very Clean highs, and Mids. The Bass is evident but not overpowering. They also have excellent Imagining. They remind me of LaScalas, without the big foot print!

Also anyone who is hesitant to purchase from the Klipsch Ebay website, don"t be. They have excellent service, communications A+ all around experience! Thanks to Amy Unger!

I also have to thank Michael Colter...........he'd stated that he really liked his Jamo Rear Surround speakers........thus the Hunt started and ended with a Truly Remarkable product!

Generally speaking, Jamo's are considered a low end speaker but with the correct components should bring them up somewhat. Suggest heavy amplification and I mean heavy for these inheriently inefficient boxes. Of course there is always Audiogon.

Did you per chance use Jamo's so-called SoundGuide tool to make your speaker selection process easier? The guide is based on ones answers to basic questions such as how big the listening room is and what kind of sound characteristics is preferred. It may have helped but I guess it's too late.

Good luck!

Getech,

I am currently using them with an Onkyo TX-SR 503 HT receiver. Myself, I like the way they sound. My research was thru the Jamo site along with numerous other sites that gave these speakers good ratings. In addition I relied on the fact that because they were on the Ebay (klipsch) website that these speakers were good. Finally the price was very fair compared to purchasing them at Full Retail.

What componets are you suggesting I try that would be considered , Heavy Amplification?

Thanks for the Posting.

I heard from Getech, and his recommendation for a Massive Power unit was Earthquake Cinenova Grande 7 amps.

Wow, now tell me why on Earth, I'd want to spend 3,995.00 to run a pair of 255.00 speakers.

To each there own, but I am quite pleased running mine with a 150.00 HT Receiver Thank you !

I heard from Getech, and his recommendation for a Massive Power unit was Earthquake Cinenova Grande 7 amps.

Wow, now tell me why on Earth, I'd want to spend 3,995.00 to run a pair of 255.00 speakers.

To each there own, but I am quite pleased running mine with a 150.00 HT Receiver Thank you !

Quite the salesman, that GETECH. He must have been sold out of the Sunfire gear[:D]