Best Center Speaker for Heritage Mains

HOGFAN

OK, I need some help here.

What is the best center speaker matchup with the heritage line as mains (Heresy, Quartet, Forte, etc...)? As I understand it, it would be best to use the same speaker as your mains, but that is not an option for me......space is an issue. I hear that the Academy and KLF-C7 would be the next best options, but it looks like they are going for a premium on the used market ($250+++). Would the RC-52 be a good fit? Just trying to find something in greater supply (more current) that would work well.

Hogfan

Do not mix lines. I tried the Heritage mains and Ref center bad idea the speaker just stands out too much due to the timbre mismatch. Ideally you want to match your mains. Speaking of which what are you running as mains? Let us know what you are using and maybe we can help more.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I don't have my mains yet....I am actually looking at Heresy's, Quartet's, and Forte's.....leaning more toward the Forte's. I am just trying to get a feel for what would be the best match for each of these speakers, as it may determine what I buy (if that makes sense). Klipsch tech support actually recommended the RC-52/62 for all three speakers. I have not seen the RC line listed on this forum as a match, leading me to where I am now.......asking for advise, rather than automatically relying on my feedback from tech support.

Thanks,

Hogfan

I don't have my mains yet....I am actually looking at Heresy's, Quartet's, and Forte's.....leaning more toward the Forte's. I am just trying to get a feel for what would be the best match for each of these speakers, as it may determine what I buy (if that makes sense). Klipsch tech support actually recommended the RC-52/62 for all three speakers. I have not seen the RC line listed on this forum as a match, leading me to where I am now.......asking for advise, rather than automatically relying on my feedback from tech support.

Thanks,

Hogfan

that weren't me gang! [N]

Get your mains first and then focus on the center, if Forte's then the Academy is the correct choice and since it is the most important speaker pony up the dough to get it. If Heresy's then go with a Heresy obviously.

Choose you mains first then focus on the center, the reference line or legend series center channels will NOT match the Forte' or Heresy so don't bother investing in either. Do it right the first time you will thank yourself later.

I use Heresys currently for my Home Theater...crossovers were upgraded on the mains by Bob Crites on this Forum (BEC) and the center was made and has an upgraded crossover by Dean Wescott (DeanG on this Forum) with a Bob Crites Tweeter, I believe...I tried the others and some are good but the Heresy is the BEST with Heresys...I also have and have tried Quartets (great speaker as well!) and a popbumpered (Chris Munson on this Forum) Academy...although the Quartets and Academy are great (and better sizewise)...my A/B'ing them puts the 3 Heresys across the front as superior...the center is oh so important...do not scimp...if size is the deciding factor...get the Academy (or a KLF-C7 is close but not an Academy)...good luck!...it will sound awesome!

Bill

Generally we try to advise the best possible perfect historical match and also give the best match that is currently available new. Some users do not have the patience to locate the historical matching speaker or their need for a factory warranty overcomes their timbre matching concept.

I will speak with the other Tech Reps about the use of Reference with Heritage. Frzinvt is absolutly correct that they do not make good matches, especially for front and center speakers.

Except in the very rare instance where a specific surround, inwall or inceiling speaker is needed by design. the intermixing of these lines should generally be avoided.

Sorry for any confusion. The guilty have been flogged.

Michael

• Moderators

All heresy with a sub would sound great. IMO

The center Hersey would not be that much bigger than a Academy or c-7, to me.

When I was thinking about a center for my Forte ll's I looked at an Academy, and it was not all that much smaller than the F ll with the base off of it, no reason for the bases if their on their side. OK I admit I like the big boxes. [*-)] And I really like all matching speakers. [A]