Need cross over advise for my new k's

Brac

I am running Khorns Right and Left with a Heresy center. I also have a Sunfire d-10 sub.

I have all speakers set to large, where should I set the cross over, I used to keep it at 80Hz, but I know the Khorns will go much lower.....

Running a Sherwood Newcastle p-965 preamp, if that matters...

Thanks

I have tried 40, 60, and 80 I keep going back to the industry standard of 80 since all discs are recording with that crossover point in mind. Try them and see which one sounds best to you in your room.

I thought the crossover point only came into play if your speakers were all set to small though.

You might want to measure the Klipschorns' actual bass response without the sub. Published specs and actual performance in your listening room can vary quite a bit. Try different settings and see what sounds best to you. I get the flattest frequency response with my Paradigm sub rolled off at 150Hz and the Scalas set to Large, as well as all three Heresy IIs. With that high sub cut-off, setting the speakers to Small takes away a significant part of their low-end response. Setting the sub cut-off at 80Hz left me with a mid-bass dip, so I set it higher and higher until it seemed the smoothest. Naturally, the Klipschorns' low-end curve is somewhat different, so a lower setting would work better for you. The "80Hz in all situations" rule does not apply in every case.

The sub is capable, but its single 10-inch woofer can't match the 2-foot-by-2-foot radiating surface of each Scala bass bin, so the sound seems noticeably bigger with the Scalas set to Large. The sub compensates for the Scalas' low-end roll-off and adds an octave or two at the bottom, all seamlessly, in my room at least.

I am running Khorns Right and Left with a Heresy center. I also have a Sunfire d-10 sub.

Same here with different sub. Personally, I tend to set the Heresy center and La Scala surrounds to small and 80 Hz, and keep the Klipschorns set to large. But you won't break anything by experimenting.