P 2008 Sat night event

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what I do know is, nobody's gonna spend 4 hours on classical music Friday evening!! That's mixer time for when people are still rolling in from out of town. Workshops or demos on something else might work, but I don't think my session would.

From what I've seen at Indy pilgrimages, there's always loose time toward the end of Saturday afternoon. How about an agenda that squeezes out 1.5 or 2 hrs., like 4:00-5:30 PM, like when my impromptu happened last year? Just before cleaning up to head out for the dinner/town hall.

Either that or in a mid-afternoon break.

Larry

How about four - full one hour classical music appreciation workshops on Friday evening? If we let you use your favorite new Klipsch speakers for your seminar can we count on you?

Michael

Well, what I do know is, nobody's gonna spend 4 hours on classical music Friday evening!! That's mixer time for when people are still rolling in from out of town. Workshops or demos on something else might work, but I don't think my session would.

From what I've seen at Indy pilgrimages, there's always loose time toward the end of Saturday afternoon. How about an agenda that squeezes out 1.5 or 2 hrs., like 4:00-5:30 PM, like when my impromptu happened last year? Just before cleaning up to head out for the dinner/town hall.

Either that or in a mid-afternoon break.

Larry

How about four - full one hour classical music appreciation workshops on Friday evening? If we give you your favorite new Klipsch speakers are you in?

Michael

Uh, I'll bite. Yeah, I'll attend all 4 sessions, and I'll love pairs of La Scala II, Cornwall III, Heresy III, and Klipschorns (one for attending each session right?) Well that is what you meant isn't it Michael? If there's a limit of one session per pilgrim, I can live with that and soak up some La Scala II's to use til I'm old and gray. I'll teach "Neil Young Appreciation" for La Scala II's (or for free, it sounds like FUN).

Kimball

Uh, I'll bite. Yeah, I'll attend all 4 sessions, and I'll love pairs of La Scala II, Cornwall III, Heresy III, and Klipschorns (one for attending each session right?) Well that is what you meant isn't it Michael? If there's a limit of one session per pilgrim, I can live with that and soak up some La Scala II's to use til I'm old and gray. I'll teach "Neil Young Appreciation" for La Scala II's (or for free, it sounds like FUN).

Kimball

Neil Young Appreciation sounds good to me!

I don't care what speakers we use, as long as they are Heritage. (OK, MAYBE Palladiums). [:)]

• 3 weeks later...

Kimball

Neil Young Appreciation sounds good to me!

I don't care what speakers we use, as long as they are Heritage. (OK, MAYBE Palladiums). Smile

what? Heck, if you're givin' away speakers just for attending, I'd settle for one set of what Kimball's asking for. Even functional beater versions of the earlier versions. I'm not so picky. But Palladiums would be fine too.

Anyway, sign me up for that Neil Young Appreciation session. I'll even attend for free.

That came out a comment that Colter made to Larry when they were trying to setup the details of Larry's classical class.

There might have been some uncertainty on the part of Larry about what system he'd be presenting on, Michael said something like " will you do it if we give you a pair of your favorite current heritage".

At face value I took that to mean payment for doing the class, but Michael edited his comment to the effect of "let you use your favorite".

So no loudspeakers are to be handed off.

Neil Young Appreciation is not on the books either, however, I would love to put something together for people interested. Maybe Pilgrimage 2009...

Kimball

Kimball,

I didn't really think they were giving out speakers even to Larry much less to attendees. Of course it wouldn't bother me if Larry would receive a pair of his favorite Heritage.

I'd be in for Neil Young Appreciation if there'd be such a topic in the future.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, but I have my favorite Heritage, and believe me, nobody has suggested anyone's giving me ANYTHING! I wouldn't have room for anything else anyway.

Besides, I'll have the utter pleasure of everyone's company!

Do I need to start being more careful what I say around here?

Not that this applies to you Michael (or anyone else on this forum), but sometimes...

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt". [;)]

Mark Twain