P 2008 Sat night event

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will vote music / party.. but I thought Friday was the Klipsch 101 or town hall idea? Can you clarify that? It does not have to be a dinner friday night and you have an enormous building there.. Certainly we can find space, even use your cafe downstairs...? I say this because I think we all loved Fred, Roy, Richard and others input last year.

That said, the Jazz Kitchen was always something very nice..Saturday night.... (Except for the live performance of the Poetry lady).

But we also got "kicked out" at a certain time.

I was just hoping to keep something like that going so everyone that weekend could enjoy it into the night. It was amazing in HOPE with the tent and music.. (We just should of closed the listening room down inside,) That way all of us could wrap up the weekend with good food, and good music to celebrate together etc. That was my thought.

Roger

I voted for party, but I'd still like to preserve the town hall... maybe start the party with that? Or have the town hall before the party? The town hall was very informative and actually a lot of fun letting the Pilgrims grill yourself and others.

And please, no matter what, I'm sure everyone would love to harass RP, the former B*** guy some more. Besides, we'd like to see how his redemption is coming along... I"m RP and I used to sell B*** ... get an idea of how many B*** owners he's brought back from the dark side ...

How many other companies let you into see the inner workings, grill the employees, indcluding Fred Klipsch who was kind enough to stop in, and are so excited by their work and seem to be having as much fun as the Pilgrims?

Way too much fun. People, if you've not attended a Klipsch Pilgrimage in the past, go if you can, you won't regret it.

Maybe Dr Larry's class can be on a full top of the line Palladium set up - or Heritage or both and/or Reference and do part on one and part on another so people can compare? Maybe too much at once. But please give Larry's presentation a really good system (uh, they all are) and room

I voted for a meeting, since that's what we had last time and there was quite a bit of good conversation over the dinner. But I could see it going either way, would've voted "undecided" if I could.

I appreciate the interest in a classical session. I've been building up a little DVD collection so we can see as well as hear what goes on in a performance.

Larry

• Klipsch Employees

I will vote music / party.. but I thought Friday was the Klipsch 101 or town hall idea? Can you clarify that? It does not have to be a dinner friday night and you have an enormous building there.. Certainly we can find space, even use your cafe downstairs...? I say this because I think we all loved Fred, Roy, Richard and others input last year.

That said, the Jazz Kitchen was always something very nice..Saturday night.... (Except for the live performance of the Poetry lady).

But we also got "kicked out" at a certain time.

I was just hoping to keep something like that going so everyone that weekend could enjoy it into the night. It was amazing in HOPE with the tent and music.. (We just should of closed the listening room down inside,) That way all of us could wrap up the weekend with good food, and good music to celebrate together etc. That was my thought.

Roger

hey brother, note the name on the thread...SAT night...;)

• Klipsch Employees

It might help to have a general outline of the weekend first.

Trey could you describe what's in mind so far and are you talking about Friday night or Saturday night for your poll?

OK Colter, DIDO for you too. Note the name on the thread...

SAT NIGHT.

• Klipsch Employees

I am sure most of us will still be at the party.

Right now the thought is to have class from 5-9pm on Friday night.

Standard tours on Sat DAY and dinner / meeting on Sat NIGHT.

I guess my question is do we change the Sat night to a party?

NOW we may be able to do both. dinner and meeting from 5-8pm and party after that.

It might help to have a general outline of the weekend first.

Trey could you describe what's in mind so far and are you talking about Friday night or Saturday night for your poll?

OK Colter, DIDO for you too. Note the name on the thread...

SAT NIGHT.

so... would that be on Saturday night then?

Right now the thought is to have class from 5-9pm on Friday night.

My apologies for missing it somewhere, but what is the class?

Why, "The Joys of the Symphony" Larry, you're teaching! What else?

Probably more of a workshop format, demonstrations, how to setup, etc.

" Lotsa LPs, CDs, music scores and books. " Dig it! [Y]

Michael

Well, what I do know is, nobody's gonna spend 4 hours on classical music Friday evening!! That's mixer time for when people are still rolling in from out of town. Workshops or demos on something else might work, but I don't think my session would.

From what I've seen at Indy pilgrimages, there's always loose time toward the end of Saturday afternoon. How about an agenda that squeezes out 1.5 or 2 hrs., like 4:00-5:30 PM, like when my impromptu happened last year? Just before cleaning up to head out for the dinner/town hall.

Either that or in a mid-afternoon break.

Larry

• Klipsch Employees

On Friday from 5-9 ( 9 being when the alarm sets and we have to be out) would be for "tranning" Roy telling how to "what ever Roy know how to do" OR Bob G teaching "audio 101"

The Friday night mixer could still take place. Heck, for the most part that party did not start jumpin until 9pm anyway.

Larry your "class" could take place on Sat afternoon. We can pick a room from what we have set up. We have to be out of the office by 5pm on Sat.

Then dinner / meeting for 2-3 hours.

IF a party is planed, then SAT NIGHT can change to what ever.

Its all still very open. We have had only 1 meeting early in the year on the subject.

On Friday from 5-9 ( 9 being when the alarm sets and we have to be out) would be for "tranning" Roy telling how to "what ever Roy know how to do" OR Bob G teaching "audio 101"

The Friday night mixer could still take place. Heck, for the most part that party did not start jumpin until 9pm anyway.

Larry your "class" could take place on Sat afternoon. We can pick a room from what we have set up. We have to be out of the office by 5pm on Sat.

Its all still very open. We have had only 1 meeting early in the year on the subject.

Trey, I think what you describe is perfect from my standpoint. The Friday doings including Roy sound fabulous! Thank you.

Larry

Trey,

Has the museum been moved to Indy yet? If so, will we be able to tour it on Saturday (daytime)?

If not, what are the chances it'll be ready by next June?

Bob