Bass Guitar Questions...

SilverSport

• 2 weeks later...

seems this just won't die in me...I found talkbass.com and have been over there just reading...but... there seems to be a limitless amount of choices...limitless...here's an example...I seem to like the Precision/Jazz bass (hey they even make P basses with a jazz neck and both types of pick ups...[*-)]

Fender "American made" "Prodigy" bass from the 90s (P bass with extras)

Fender P-Bass Made in Mexico Standard

Squier by Fender P-Bass

G&L (Leo Fender's last company) P bass type...some say the best iteration of the P-bass)

Fender Aerodyne Jazz-bass Made in Japan non export models...arrrrgggghh...

I have seen some nice condition Squiers with a small amp for about $200 used...is the seller getting rid of it because it is cheap???...I have seen some nicer set ups (looking) Prodigy with a bigger amp for about $500...what to do ...maybe go shovel the snow and then tackle that new toilet project to take up the time...[;)]

Bill

Guys like Stanley Clarke, Jack Bruce, Tim Bogart, Jaco, the TRULY Great ones, it's a God given talent, a normal guy like us, can learn to play, and play well, but those guys are MASTERS, they are born with that talent, you can practice all you want, but will never achieve that level .......

Kurt Vonnegut once said that mass media has ruined everyone's appreciation for local talent. In the old days, people would be impressed and happy to know the best musicians in the town or the county, the strongest man (the blacksmith, maybe) or best athlete, the prettiest girl, and so on. Now, however, TV shows us the best in the world, so we either think anything local is worthless or that if you can't be as good as the very best, it's not worth even trying.

It ain't so! Personal best is still a valid concept. Do what you can and be happy with it.

http://www.fbass.com/

F Bass guitars are the the best sounding basses I have ever heard. I have had Fender Jazz and precision, both of which are great if it is American made and Ibanez made some good necks back in the 80's (Roadstar II had a great slim neck for stubby fingers)

What ever you get, get a good GK amp! You won't be dissapointed you did. http://www.gallien-krueger.com/

looks like I will need to find some time to thump the strings on my Carvin LB70A and BR15 amp...guitar is not new but it sure looks that way from the pics and the price was much nicer than new...thanks all and MAS especially for all the EXTRA help I needed...[8-|]

Bill