jubilee

bodcaw boy

Hobie,

I am no electrical engineer...........but when I ran my Mirage M1's with my little Onkyo 506 I got excellent Volume just turning the volume to 8:00 Oclock on my dial.............

If you have that much power, do you maybe have something hooked up incorrectly? or do you just like Loud Volume?........just trying to Understand because the Mirage is an excellent, smooth speaker....... JMHO.

Yes, the wiring is correct...and yes I like it to be able to reproduce realistic levels as sitting in the middle of an 18piece Big Band loudness ( I am a trumpet player..played in my share of Big Bands through the years). If you know of any serious trumpet players, do they play soft? It is the loudest instrument in an orchestra....God's instrument....the last sound to be heard throughout the world....he's not gonna use a Basoon to signal the Last Coming.[:|][:D]

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have found out that they are not available anywhere at this time....the guy who bought the diagrahm press has told me that it would take a large order for him to justify making new tweeters....when I bought the speakers both of the rear tweeters were already blown.Sad

WOW, I'd call Klipsch Tech Support on that one. That guy in Canada is the last known supplier of the tweeter diaphragms. Perhaps Klipsch could convince him to keep making parts for the finest line of Mirage speakers ever made. Klipsch owns Mirage now.

M

Funny you mentioned another trip up to your place, as I was just telling my son the other day that I would like to go back up and max out your volume control with my demo disc to see if I could get those woofers to bottom out on the Terminator track that usually happens. I left a little in reserve the first time out of respect for your equipment

1st: All ya gotta do is let me know and the doors are open with the keys to the system in your hand. I can even swap (in about 3 minutes) between the tubed Peach preamp and the remote controlled Lexicon.

2nd: I mention that about Chris coming since extra backs are always a plus when hoisting Khorns and LaScalas [:#] I meant to say, when sharing lunch [^o)]

3rd: I have a copy of your demo disk... I could simply call you on phone and play it over the phone for you? I mean....it's the same thing, isn't it? [:^)]

4th: Deck is done and they still have to put the shingles on the decks roof. They also have other items to finish so the nail pounding isn't over yet. I'd hate to have you over during a time of silence.

Would someone post the addresses of some theaters that have Jubilee speakers?

My home theater is in Knoxville.... ya game or ya bluffen? [;)]

I don't think too many people are putting too much effort into your research. Maybe you should forget about them and get some Duevel Planets.

Great idea, I'll call and have my other buddy call as well so that they are flooded with calls wanting Mirage tweeters. My buddy has a set of M3si models and we hooked both sets up and wired them in parallel so that it would present a 3 ohm load per channel on my Macro Reference so it was putting out about 1200 watts/ch and it was simply GLORIOUS[8][A]

I do need two pairs of these out front stacked on top of each other ( would be 9 ft tall ) ahhh, the wife would have to deal with it....tooo bad.

Then have some Jubilee bass bins in the corners and still have the IB subwoofer firing down in the attic with the 3200 watt amp on it. OHH YEAHHHH

Complete the system with some 5 ft tall towers in the rear powered with a Crown K2 amp and we'll just about be where I want to end up.

2nd: I mention that about Chris coming since extra backs are always a plus when hoisting Khorns and LaScalas Zip it! I meant to say, when sharing lunch Hmm

Wait a minute, aren't all Klipsch speakers made out of black foam board? Shouldn't be a problem then.

3rd: I have a copy of your demo disk... I could simply call you on phone and play it over the phone for you? I mean....it's the same thing, isn't it? Huh?

"I don't think so, Tim" Have you played the explosion at the end of the Terminator track all the way up yet?

4th: Deck is done and they still have to put the shingles on the decks roof. They also have other items to finish so the nail pounding isn't over yet. I'd hate to have you over during a time of silence.

I would be shoving some hammers up some carpenters butt's (with no Astroglide either) if that happens again....LOL

Have you played the explosion at the end of the Terminator track all the way up yet?

I had it at about half volume once and an hour later, had some dudes from Oak Ridge National Labs, dressed in black breaking into my door... they were saying something about protecting national security and siesmic waves....

Have you played the explosion at the end of the Terminator track all the way up yet?

I had it at about half volume once and an hour later, had some dudes from Oak Ridge National Labs, dressed in black breaking into my door... they were saying something about protecting national security and siesmic waves....

Once people have had their hearing damaged, their ears are not going to get better. It would be as silly to trust someone's audio judgment who had damaged ears as it would be to trust a blind man's opinion of a painting.

Once people have had their hearing damaged, their ears are not going to get better. It would be as silly to trust someone's audio judgment who had damaged ears as it would be to trust a blind man's opinion of a painting.

Good point...but the damage is already done and I cannot turn back time.[:'(] Butt....I still want to know what speakers Ray Charles has in his home.[*-)]

I need to really work on my post count on here...seems like I've been posting away for the past 6 months and I ain't got nothing in the numbers game.Sad

You may have felt like you shouldn't comment on something unless you could offer expert advice. But just dive right in! No one else feels constrained. There's folks with TENS OF THOUSANDS of posts.

Good point...but the damage is already done and I cannot turn back time.[:'(] Butt....I still want to know what speakers Ray Charles has in his home.Confused

Shouldn't the question be " I wonder what kinda of TV Ray has in his house ?"

• 3 months later...

...On another note my wife and I went to the "Blue Note Jazz Club" in NYC Sunday night to hear Bill Frisell, Ron Carter & Paul Motian. In comparing what we we hearing live sitting directly in front of the stage about 20' back to what we hear at home with our system. What we agreed on in the comparison was that Ron Carter's bass(awesome player) and Bill Frisell guitar were very close to what we achieve at home. The part that is lacking with our system was the drums of Paul Motian, especially the impact of hard cymball strikes. I would like to get that attack and decay to sound more live in our room! Even though we think our system is the best we have ever had, or heard, I feel this is an area that could be improved. Maybe it is a room issue, better drivers or electronics etc. or I wonder even if it is recording related, which I suspect is the most likely?

Opinions would be appreciated.

rigma

rigma,

Well it's been a while but I stumbled onto an article by Toole just recently that may be apropos to your question above.

Bottom line: I would recommend putting some really good acoustic absorbers on the wall behind your head, assuming your listening position is still close to one wall the way is was back in '07.

I'd wager that what you're hearing is related to HF smear from reflections right behind and/or just above your head with that vaulted ceiling. Maybe it would easy to test using something like a comforter or two hung there.

Here is the URL to the article that I mentioned above: http://www.av-outlet.com/images/techinfo/infinity_multichannel_rooms_1.pdf

Chris