Am I a dark hearted traitor

mfk

I recently purchased a pair of the RF-52's and an RC-10 center channel. These speakers replaced my Heresy II's as my primary speakers. I have a realtively small room, 12 x 8, so I didn't go with the RC-52 center channel. The Heresy II's have served me well, and know I miss that total Klipsch sound. On the other hand, the RF series seems to be the future of Klipsch.

They are Reference series are efficient, accurate, detailed and smooth. They seem to be the future of Klipsch. But, they don't share the same sonic characteristic that makes Klipsch what it is. By the way, I have kept the Heresy II's...they are only 22 years and I have replacement parts to keep them going until I die, although I have never needed one.

The future isn't always the best place to be.

Repent, and be saved (from compressed sound).

WWPWKD?

I frequently ask myself the same acronym. I am keeping my Belles till death do us part. Three way Heritage all the way! Although i would love to have a pair of DEANG modded RF-7s in the house sometime. UUUGGGHHH...

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all know, there is a thing called progress, not always good, but time moves forward. As sure as the possesion of one Klipsch speaker will bring forth the desire for another one , everyone in this and every other thread knows this to be true. Now that I have completed the R*-52 setup, I am thinking of the the R*-82 setup. For 22 years I had only one pair of Heresy's (ok II's) and they were great. For 22+ years of Naval service, my favorite rifle was still the M-14.

The point is that progress can be either good or bad, but the in the Klipsch community, addiction to improvement is a universal constant. Regardless of which series you pick, there is always that urge to improve. It is this forward movement to improve which drives us.

WWPKD, frankly I don't care, but what he started is a company that continues a traditon of excellence, it to this principle that I try to adhere.

"Badges..? We don't need no stinkin' badges"

• 1 month later...

Sorry...I bought the conversion kit to make the Heresy II's to Heresy III's, it is truly awesome. The guts from my HII's are going into a pair of scaled down LaScala's and I'll be co promoting them with my Linux based digital media server.

There really is nothing quite like the Heritage series. I guess I could not be the dark hearted traitor I thought I could be, but the GF does love the RF stuff in the living room, the horns are in my "man cave", along with a bunch of computers and an old Sony Wega.

I think I still have a copy of Red Hat 6.1 in here.

Thanks James,

Actually I just purchased and installed the HIII conversion kit and wow...really awesome. My GF has taken over the R?-52 stuff for the living room, so the Heresy's live in my lab/play room apparently they are now considered HIII's by Klipsch personnel, internally they are HIII's. They sound incredible. Now if I could just get a pair of the really cool HIII grill covers.

James, my mom still has all her original equipment, the 62 Khorns, the Mac stuff, Thorens turntable, Revox( or something like that) reel to reel and relatively new sony DVD/CD player.

As sure as the possesion of one Klipsch speaker will bring forth the desire for another one , everyone in this and every other thread knows this to be true.

Boy, do I know what you are talking about. I just purchased another pair of Cornwalls. So that brings the total to (2) Heresy, (4) Cornwalls, RF-83 setup and still that wonderful gf.

James

my mom still has all her original equipment, the 62 Khorns, the Mac stuff, Thorens turntable, Revox( or something like that) reel to reel and relatively new sony DVD/CD player.

Mark, that is very cool to hear. What does she think about the RF-52 setup?

I have herd a few comments about the II to III conversion, nothing short of unbelievable. When I first heard the Heresy III I could not believe the bottom end that it had.

James

• 3 weeks later...

James, mom thinks the RF/C-52 stuff is "attractive", her way of saying "not much". The HIII's are awesome and my lilscala project is on hold for a bit, as I have software issues to work out. The real bottom line is that the GF loves the RF/C-52 stuff, she has both her tv and music sounding better than anything she is used to. Personally, I think the stuff is good, it just sounds different from horn loaded stuff. Horns just have more appealing characteristics to me and to mom, I guess it is what we are used to.

My GF is totally happy with the RF/C-52 system and that my friend is the bottom line. She owns the living room, it is hers to command and she is happy with her toys. She can have her girlfriends over and they can listen to speed metal until their collective ears bleed. The walls of the place are thick enough so I can't hear it, and I rarely play stuff loud, maybe the occasional movie.

As soon as I get some software issues worked out, back to project lilscala, or maybe I'll just buy a pair and create a HII center channel. I know there are sheilding issues. Two pair of HII guts in a box shielded and over the tv...hmmm.....

All is solved, my GF got the entire RF/RC-52 series for the living room, I converted my HII's to HIII's via kits conveniently available from Klipsch, now the challenge is what to do with the spare HII guts (Woofers, midrange horns, tweeter horns and crossovers), my partner has ideas based on the lilscala, me, a big center channel. EIther way, I am good to go.

That new Klipsch store is mighty tempting, another set of HIII's....hmm....[;)]