Heritage on display with......tubes??? At a Klipsch dealer?????

dkp

Yep, you got it. I stopped by our Klipsch dealer a couple weeks ago (Today's Audio in Burton, MI) and they had a brand spanking new pair of Klipschorns set up with Cari (sp?) tube amps (200 watt monoblocks, I think) and even had a tube preamp to boot (I don't recall the brand but it was something along the lines of First Sound or something like that-sorry). The tube amp no longer appears to be in the rack but it was replaced by a Marantz Reference preamp. They are also using a Marantz Reference cd player.

-David

I know of two dealers in Wisconsin that have or have had Heritage on the floor. Other than the Heresy IIIs they’ve had to discount the speakers to move them. I figure it’s a size problem. All the gadgets today are compact in size and the GP is keen to that concept. All the more reason to invite people over to your house and show them how music should be played!

I'm sure size is an issue, especially in regards to the ever-present WAF. I neglected to mention that this same dealer has Heresy IIIs and Cornwall IIIs on display as well. It's good to see them giving precious floor space to the Heritage line.

-David

I've often thought that BAT electronics would be a good matchup with Heritage, and it seems to me that many more dealers carry BAT than Cary as an upscale tube line. It sure sounds good at Boomac's place.

Cary is SOOOOO expensive, and the quick switch to Marantz SS says something, not sure what.

I had a similar surprise less than a year ago when I walked into my friendly hifi shop and there were a pair of Klipshorns in the McIntosh room! They had recently become a Klipsch dealer and the horns were older ones that actually came from the store owner's home.

OTOH... they currently don't have any heritage on display...
ROb

My initial post was mis-written. To clarify: The tube preamp was replaced with the Marantz Reference unit. The Cary tube amp is still there. However, both units are on loan from a customer. I don't believe the store will be carrying them, although there has been some discussion of picking up McIntosh.

Sorry for the confusion.

-David

In the old days one of our shops was much smaller and really dedicated to two channel listening. They had Sansui, Harmon Kardon, Sherwood, Pioneer, Fisher and other quality products...... but then there was the “back room”. There, they sported Klipsch and McIntosh. Just eyeballin’ the Klipschorns was worth the trip to the mall. Heck, it was all out of my league and I used to get nervous just walking into the room.

Today I really enjoy my Klipsch speakers and along with my vintage McIntosh gear, (ss, btw) they fit right in with the other old stuff I enjoy so much. Thing is; that 25 year old set-up performs better than most anything I’ve ever heard. I do prefer the BAT & Cornwall combo for classical, smooth jazz, piano and maybe female vocals but if I want to listen to rock, hard bop or big band….. It’s back to the Cornwalls & Mac!

In thinking about all this I’m convinced that it’s probably not only the size of the speakers that makes Heritage a tough sale. I’m just not sure there are enough people willing to sit still and listen to music anymore. Anyway, it is a pleasure to go into a shop and see the Heritage line.

Yep, you got it. I stopped by our Klipsch dealer a couple weeks ago (Today's Audio in Burton, MI) and they had a brand spanking new pair of Klipschorns set up with Cari (sp?) tube amps (200 watt monoblocks, I think) and even had a tube preamp to boot (I don't recall the brand but it was something along the lines of First Sound or something like that-sorry). The tube amp no longer appears to be in the rack but it was replaced by a Marantz Reference preamp. They are also using a Marantz Reference cd player.

-David

Something about that Flint MI area. Seems there's always a dealer up there with some Heritage. Now the test will be to see if somebody actually buys them.