Heresy IIs are just terrific

mcp

I just called Klipsch Parts, first of all they assured me all is made in Arkansas, and the cost is $272 per speaker, new woofer, midrange, tweeter, gaskets, screw, etc. This is a totally great deal.

MFK - that is a great deal. Love your signature.

I also get the smallish smiley box.... oh well. If that's the worst problem I have with the Forum, I can live with it.

Let's see, is this what everyone else gets? I am using Firefox, but you may notice the IE logo in the corner of the smiley box. Why is that, you ask? Bruce uses an addon for Firefox called IETab, that lets him set FF to use the IE render engine for that site. Still fast and pleasant to use, get all the tabbed browsing, etc., without have to go to the dog of a browser IE7.

I DO have to scroll across to hit the save button when I upload pics though.

Bruce

post-7149-13819354442034_thumb.jpg

The upgrade kit, like the Heresy III is assembled in Hope, Arkansas.

I cannot guarantee the source country of each component.

It is a super deal- it's the entire Heresy III except for the cabinet, grille, and K701 horn.

If priced separately, this is like buying the components and getting the crossover networks at NO CHARGE!

So... if I can get a K701 horn, I could use the old parts, make a Tangent 400 cabinet and have a second set of speakers (with better bass) for cheap. I like the idea.

I'd be interested in feedback from the first few of you who do the H II to H III conversion.

Please note that this kit is only for owners of original Klipsch H II loudspeakers. Parts department is checking serial numbers.

Since Klipsch quit stamping the sn on the back edge, that leaves me out. Mine are original, but someone kindly removed the serial number stickers off the backs. All I have left to identify them as real Klipsch is the inspection stickers still inside the cabinets. That really kinda sucks big time, as this is something I might actually do.

Maybe if I showed up on their doorstep with them in my car so they could look at them, and know they weren't clones.

Doc wins the prize for answering Tech Support Pop Quiz question # 42. 'For what Heritage speaker is there NOT an upgrade kit?"

Yes thats right guys, there's an upgrade path available for Heresy, LaScala, Klipsch Belle, and Klipschorn. Call me at 1-800-554-7724 for more details and ordering. Basically it brings the last major upgrade up to current spec with new drivers and crossovers. Prices and degree of difficulty vary.

I just called Klipsch Parts, first of all they assured me all is made in Arkansas, and the cost is $272 per speaker, new woofer, midrange, tweeter, gaskets, screw, etc. This is a totally great deal.

MFK - that is a great deal. Love your signature.

I also get the smallish smiley box.... oh well. If that's the worst problem I have with the Forum, I can live with it.

Thanks, I just call 'em as I see 'em..I am also the dark hearted traitor that went with the RF/RC and now RSW series stuff, but the Heresy still has an honest open sonic signature that makes it great. I'm keeping them. The only problem I see is that the Heresy's don't have a great sonic match with the Reference series.

The two bear a family resemblance, but the timbre (sonic signature) is very different, the reference stuff well, you need a center channel and subwoofer.

• 1 month later...

Y'all win, I'm ordering the kit tomorrow, my H II's have the correct input cup, they are relatively new (2000) and beautiful, totally worth it. My older pair will have to just suffer with the BEC crossovers.

Too bad I can't just order them through the website tonight.