This is your brain on MUSIC...

Mallette

Music is art, science, mathmatics, and psychology all rolled up in an aural palate that no other living creature on this planet can create like man does. Sure, whales sing, as do birds, but they don't compose intricate notes with timing, rhythm and pace, and then write it so it can be repeated over and over throughout the ages performed on instruments. Nor do animals attach themselves emotionally to music (that I know of)...

Well, I got through a Bach cantata and one side of a Pete Fountaln album today, plus about 20 pages. Still not enough to report anything yet.

However, along the lines of Jim's thoughts...

I've often wondered what the music of an alien race would be like. Certainly they'd have their equivalent of Bach, Mozart, et al and these would be as transcendental to them as our is to us. Would it translate?

Somehow I think it might.

Dave

"...I've often wondered what the music of an alien race would be like. Certainly they'd have their equivalent of Bach, Mozart, et al and these would be as transcendental to them as our is to us. Would it translate?

Somehow I think it might."

Like Close Encounters of the Third Kind...pure logic and a universal (or galactic) language!