Which guitar finish?

ben.

I'm selling my Standard Strat to get a new G&L S-500. I'm trying to decide which finish to order. What do you think and why?

Fingerboard would be maple on all of them - I couldn't find a pic of black covers with a maple board. Knobs would be chrome.

Sunburst/black

Sunburst/white

Blueburst

[Poll]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been interested in G & L's for a while. They don't hold there value well but I think they are better made than a American Strat.

What color and year is the Strat you are selling? I could always use another guitar, especially a Strat. Just ask my wife!

I'm selling a Mexican '99. Three color burst, maple board, no mods. 7/10(?) condition. PM me if you're interested.

Duke, I thought about it, but I don't feel like making a big deal out of hunting for the right one. I played a couple Tributes at U-Crest in Cheektowarsaw and I dig em. The S-500 gives me switching like the Gibson S-1, which I also dig. I'll probably sell my Epi LP Jr w/ S-1 pickups as well once I get this. The MFD single coils are sweet. They also have global passive bass and treble tone controls, which is more useful than the Strat set up. I was kind of looking forward to beating the crap out this MIM for a while, but that's ok.

I can get a new Tribute S-500 for around $450, which is just ridiculous.

I dunno, Ben...not being a guitarist (and I know Leo loved G&L), have you considered a custom crafted American Fender from their own shop (not NOS or Relic)? I'm assuming the cost factor would be tremendous...are all G&Ls made in the US, or elsewhere?

I wouldn't even consider spending that much on a guitar right now. If I did, it would probably be the Custom Creation Comanche Studio VI. http://www.glguitars.com/customcreations/Comanche_Studio_6/index.asp

All G&Ls except the Tribute line are made on Fender Ave in California. The Tributes are made by Cort in Korea (older ones were made in Japan). They use the same pickups as the US stuff and are set up here before shipping. Street prices for G&L are just slightly less than similarly featured Fenders. The Tributes smoke the Mexican Fenders that I've played.

Get the Les Paul Robot guitar...the automatic tuners are an idea that myself and every engineer that i new who played guitar wanted to do...its freakin sweet.

No thanks. Got an opinion on the finish for a guitar that A) I can afford and B) is a G&L S-500?[:)]

I explained my reasons for posting this here. Can you explain your attitude? You've been a member for a whole year and you think you need to police the forum for something that no moderator (employed by Klipsch, who happens to own this space) has ever had a problem with.

You don't like the thread or its location? Don't read it. This is all pretty childish of you.