Which guitar finish?

ben.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest srobak

Actually a guitar could be classified as 6 or 7 channels if it were midi or you counted the strings

Have you ever seen a guitar configured in such a fashion? That could be kinda neat... setting each string to a different channel :D Could be rather dizzying to listen to though :)

Shawn,

None of this is against forum rules, to my knowledge, including your posts here. I don't quite understand your explanation that your attitude is "common etiquette". Perhaps you meant that I should post elsewhere rather than answering my query as to your attitude, despite the fact that off-topic threads are as old as this forum itself. Every now and them some newbie gets bent out of shape about it and they either go away or get tired of being told to mind their own business. You seem fairly dedicated to the pursuit, by a quick perusal of your past posts. Congratulations on that.

Common courtesy (and forum rules) would dictate that if you have a problem with the way the forums are run, the proper venue is with a moderator, not within a thread. I think it reasonable for me to respond to you as I have. I posted something looking for opinions in a venue where I know a lot of regulars, and a lot of regulars know me. You jumped in with this nonesense and it's a bit irritating and distractng from what has otherwise been a nice little conversation.

Actually a guitar could be classified as 6 or 7 channels if it were midi or you counted the strings, so this thread should be in the multichannel theater forum. PWK BS ButtonIndifferent

Or we could just keep reading it here.

Have you ever seen a guitar configured in such a fashion? That could be kinda neat... setting each string to a different channel :D Could be rather dizzying to listen to though :)

Or... we could just post 2 channel audio stuff in the 2 channel audio sub-forum, and other items which may not have a sub forum here in the "General" sub forum... :) Just a thought. Appears whoever laid the ground work for the forum hierarchy might have had the same general idea. :)

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=651&ParentId=55 Been around for about 20 years.

You'll notice that under the 2 Channel Forum heading it notes that if one has a question regarding speaker/amp matching, one should post it here. There are many, many threads that don't really conform to that ideal. You've got work to do.

Cada uno tiene su manera de matar pulgas.

slang proverb: To each his own,.......don't kill the tube fleas,in the Vox,they could be Beatles,use a Zinky Superfly to overdrive the Chilango fleas, get the blue git box belly fiddle,no pickguard,white pickup rings,$450 johny hears that noise!!...................srobak did you vote?[^o)]

If you want to talk about trucks, start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.

If you're going with a Maple neck then go with the white pickups.

Good advice. I think the black p'up option is getting more action because of the nicer body in the photo, and it looks better with the rosewood.

Any comments on the blueburst? I'm a little bit on the fence here.

Over the years I've had various shades of natural wood, sunburst, blacks, gold top guitars and basses. I went with blue (teal sunburst) on my last bass because I just loved the shade and it just seems to go well with maple to me. Course we have a lot of blue, green and tan in our living room!forums Frankly I don't see many guitars or basses that I dislike the color or look of. Even if they are beat to crap they have character. Enjoy your choice when you get it!

5594_TEALBRST_M_REPLACE_OPT_tn.jpg

• Moderators

Although I'd rather see 2-channel audio discussed here, I do not mind an occassional off-topic post, and I will not make a big fuss about it.

Please leave the moderating to me and/or employees of Klipsch.

And Jacksonbart, please check your private messages.

If anyone else wants to post to this thread, please make sure it relates to the initial post.

Thanks.

Guest srobak

srobak did you vote?Hmm

Local elections, yes. National - no... there was no one worth voting for. I do not believe in choosing the lesser of two evils. In any particular race - unless there is a candidate worthy of my vote, I will vote with my silence.

Why do you ask?

Guest srobak

If you want to talk about trucks, start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.

"Thread jacking" is a long accepted practice around here. Many
times there is valuable information within the jack, sometimes not even
audio related, & the thread will eventually get back on the
original posters topic. Amy runs a pretty loose forum, thankfully.
Keeps it from being sterile.

Not attacking you just didn't know if you've been here long enough to notice the pattern.

Guest srobak

Any comments on the blueburst? I'm a little bit on the fence here.

Blueburst with maple and black pickups would look really sharp, I think. Unless you are gunning for the older look, I think the blue is pretty sharp. I picked up one of the Blackie replicas for my brother in law earlier... he is really enjoying it.

"Not attacking you just didn't know if you've been here long enough to notice the pattern."

I just thought it was strange that you would pick on Ben for his off-topic thread and then place an off-topic post into his thread -- you being a stickler for the rules and all.[:S]