Which guitar finish?

ben.

Don't really like the blue, but I don't like maple boards either -- I dig the first one. Where the heck are you picking this thing up for $450?

Fair enough. I like the look of rosewood, but like the sound of maple. They'll all be swamp ash, so hopefully I'll luck into a nice grain like the top one.

U-Crest Music outside of Buffalo is where I'm buying. MAP looks like $499, judging by ebay prices. I've heard that the new ones are made in Indonesia instead of Korea (still Cort), but are as good or better. I've followed G&L's work on the Tribute line over the years & I trust that they are making money on them and will maintain the quality like they have with the previous move from Japan to Korea.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I noticed that - the name sounded familiar but didn't click in my mind til I searched.

I just meant it must be satisfying. I didn't think he'd be getting rich putting out the numbers that he talks about. I love seeing operations like that, but I'm very thankful for CNC and cheap labor. They allow me to have more than one instrument without selling off hifi gear!

Thebes, Ben, Dukester,

I don't know about any of that, but I am really liking my Godin LG series. Got it used, and I really like it. Two single coils, mahogany body. I've mostly played acoustics, so this is all new to me. Got it used for less than half price. A Canadian made guitar. My son has their fretless bass, the A4. I absolutely love this guitar.

Bruce

post-7149-13819359262234_thumb.jpg