New to Klipsch. No questions really, just introducing myself.

powershotpro

I made the jump, well partial jump, to Klipsch over the last few weeks. After years of thinking I had a good sounding system from Blowse I am happy to say that I am past that now and realize that the thin weak sound was actually quite crappy. I was lucky and did manage to sell my Blowse system along with a Denon avr that doesn't even come close to toucing the Onkyo I have now. From what I have seen in these forums my current set up is probably not the most ideal set up, but it blows away anything I have ever had, and well, the deals I got on the sub and center were too good to pass up. I had Polk Monitor 50's as fronts for the past few months but moved these to the rear where they seem to be doing an admirable job matching with the RF-82's for tv and movies. I guess my next acquisition will have to be the RC-62, but at $450 more than what I got the RC-52 for that will have to wait a long time. Anyway, cheers and thanks for all of the useful info people are providing. I look forward to some brain picking to tweak my system.

Pro,

Welcome. You do have a great system. The Oppo's have been discussed here alot, let us know your feelings on that.

Also the Center channel is one of the most important parts of a HT setup, so when you can Upgrade to the RC 62, You will notice a great improvement in the voices . Enjoy and Post some pics when you can. Regards Bill H.

Hey Bill,

The Oppo is good. I have tried some dvd's side by side with my old LG player and you can see a definite difference in clarity. But, if you stuck with a regular prog scan dvd you wouldn't really know there was any difference, you really have to have the 2 players with the same vid playing on separate inputs so you can flip back and forth to see the difference.

As for the center, I went from a Bose cube to the RC52 so I've already had the pleasure of improvement. Right now I have to wait a year or two or the wife will stuff me into the next thing I buy since I've forked out a good wad in the last little while. Then I have also had my eye on a Paradigm center and the RC64...no I have to stop before I get kicked out of the house!

• Moderators

That's a $1269 shove, hard to shove back for that amount of coin when the wife wants some boob work done!

Welcome

Well she may be right, one of the first things this forum has taught me was you need to get everything across the front straight before you move on with the rest of the HT ! [:o]

1269? Where are you from/shopping at? My local authroized dealers has it for about 800. Without knowing the terms of you and your wifes "condition", your priorities may lie elsewhere. Stick out tongue

Canada. The local dealer is London Drugs so you have to wait a good while for a decent sale price even though our dollars are at or close to par. [bs]

Welcome. I am new myself...well not really but its been 2-3 years since I have visited with any seriousness. Anyway, you would be hard pressed to find a more helpful group than in here. I got fabulous advice a few years back when I started putting together my system. Again, welcome

Dan