wine conniseurs enjoy wine more if they think it is more expensive

Daddy Dee

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/article3177658.ece

Is it possible that this same phenomenon has an impact on audiophiles who buy really high dollar interconnects?

Safely just speaking to the wine part.... I know what I like and price will not have a bearing....cause inexpensive can taste better(to me)... than higher shelf...with some wine....often time...but, not always. If I am told what I like, should prefer it may not work. On wine I am sincere! My ears may still be able to differentiate some subtleties. With taste, I would conciously work on appreciating say a $50. bottle over a $20. one.

It's part marketing and psychology with almost no regard towards actual product/content if they are paying thier own money for the product. I mean every one performs some type of labor for thier income, sans trust fund babies and so its natural to take more consideration in the consumption or use of a product if it cost them more hours of labor, but common sense would tell you the second time not to waste your extra hours of labor if the same or better product could be had for less.