Anyone use clothes washer without agitator?

Coytee

Regarding clothes wear... You should always turn your shirts and even jeans inside out, and always zip up and fasten your jeans and other zippered items - as they act like razor blades in the wash!

You can minimize the visible wear and tear greatly. And did you ever wonder where all the fuzz in the dryer lint trap was coming from?????

And using cold water, except as needed helps too...

And using enough detergent (except as noted in the front loaders where you do need the "he" detergents), as too little actually results in increased wear to your clothes from the insufficiently buffered chlorine, etc., and also putting the fabric softener dryer sheets in the WASH instead of the dryer - as Consumer Reports says they are much more efficient there! - helps as the detergents and softeners act as buffers and chlorine neutralizing agents to reduce the dulling effect of the chlorine in the water itself that acts as bleach.

Gee, I think that this and comparison shopping and knowing the cost per unit of items at various stores are the only areas that my mom has not totally written me off...

Don't think I ever brought up the idea of this being something related to Valentines day, but since it WAS brought up... I thought you all might get a kick out of this (at my expense)

For Christmas, the wife always "happens" to leave a catalog or something open with a strategic item or two circled as something she's been 'eyeballing'. It has become clear to me that it's usually a good idea if this circled item happens to pop up as it will usually result in great smiles on her face.

Been doing that for years and all is well..... then came one Christmas where the cute little magazines with circled items never appeared...

But where is it I asked??? never heard back... sooooooooooo, I was left to my own devices. (and clearly this is an opportunity for me to teach a lesson on forgetting the magazines)

This specific Christmas, perhaps 4 years ago... under the tree was a HEAVY box, maybe 18" square and a much larger box, perhaps 2 ' x 3'...

Upon opening said boxes, she found she had a battery charger in the smaller box (remember, I live WAY out in the boonies and we really need to be self sufficient and a dead battery on a cold winter day will stop us in our tracks)

After opening the small box and seeing the battery charger, she could hardly wait to open the larger box... she finally got her courage up and dug into it... what did she find but the 2nd from top (in size) shop vac from the favorite Home Depot!!!

We plugged it in and just about blew our tree over with the exhaust!!

So, guys... I now have imperical evidence and FACTS..... do something like this and yes... even four years later, they will STILL manage to not only throw it back into your face, but when you are not around and they're yacking with the girls they work with... they will ALL discuss it and end up cackling with great laughter at what an imbecel you are.

I WILL point out though that she has YET to "forget" about her catalogs with the casually circled items ever since then.

[G]

Richard, what were you thinking? But you have to admit a jump starter and shop vac are very useful.

I can't poke too much fun as in different years my wife got a snow blower - she asked for one for months and a new dish washer - she asked for that too. I think with the snow blower she figured I'd be more useful alive than having a coronary in the drieway.

And she hasn't complained, though I think she got some nice jewelry one of those years and something else nice, maybe jewelry the other year.

So guys, if y'all gonna get the misses something practical, evn if she asks for it, get her something nice to go along with it.

You can minimize the visible wear and tear greatly. And did you ever wonder where all the fuzz in the dryer lint trap was coming from?????

From reading all your other posts, I was really surprised to read this from you mas. I would have thought that you, of all the folks here, would really know where the fuzz is coming from. Just send me a pm and I would be happy to give you the info.