Did I get my money's worth? pls respond

Montigue231

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow ill tell you. I have a mixed feeling after reading the replys here. I feel a great deal of accomplishment It looks like i found an amazing bargain.. I guess 700 bucks would usually pay for the set of KLF 20's standing alone.

I also have a bit of worry and anxiety, I hope noone comes banging at my door demanding his gear back..You guys dont really think i need to watch my back do i? Pls guys lets keep it on the downLOW

I agree with billybob ! live and let die.. things will fall as they may. All you can do is be there to pick up the pieces.

PS I wish I knew where I could find the next bitter divorce sell off.. A guy could make a livin off this !!!

• Moderators

I wouldn't worry about someone banging on the door except the police for a noise complaint !

If anyone ever says anything tell them go talk to the lady I bought them from, they were for sale, if it wasn't you it would have been the next person ! Have fun [;)]

lol oldbuskster

B4 setting the gear up, we are still searching on what tv to buy..im leaning toward 65 inch rear projection mitsu..my budget cant exceed $1500 so cant even think about the big LCD or plasmas....with this big sound we need a big picture

After its set up ill be sure to write my opinion...So far from what i heard on two channel music playing threw an analog cd player---- OOO MMMMyyy GOD! the KLF's pound you...just awesome!!

Just a follow up here for those who was interested... I decided to go with a 57" rear projection tv just serviced from a local tv repair shop BECAUSE... I want a tleast a 55" 1080i screen but only had a budget of 1 grand... No matter how hard I looked ..any plasma LCD or DLP for that size was 1500 plus tax...So i found this Sony 1080i that had just had the bulb replaced and fully maintanenced for $800 out the door...So you can say its refurbished .......It has a beautiful picture. (i ll keep it for two years until the 55 inch plasmas come down to 1100 or so, then sell the sony for 500 bucks or something)

Following up on the KSF-S6's I was asked about earlier.My opinion is they are too small for my system..Im finding that I have to turn down the volume levels on the front sound stage to hear them..Other than that the timbre matchingt sounds awesome..plays fantastic on dolby digital..Its nice to have a big center speaker..Really opens up the movie your watching..One more note: The KSW is great for music but dosent give u the devostating impact on HT..Overall id say its still a great value performance vs price.

The KLF'S are amazing in two channel pure direct. Was playing some reggae and oh wow can u feel that bass going threw you ever so clearly..the KLF's are simply AMAZING!

Thanks for those who responded here and gave there inputs. TY!...heres a sweet pic of it all set up : ^D

post-12368-13819360283052_thumb.jpg

Nice!

You mentioned KSF-S6's in your message, but your sig says KSP-S6's. Which are you currently running? My KSP-S6's can keep up just fine with my mains & center - of course the KSP-S6's are 2x the size of the KSF-S6's. The KSP-S6's are timbre matched perfectly as well.

Again, nice!

• Moderators

Did you set all the volumes in the receiver using the test tones ?

If not get a radio shack spl meter $30 and use the test tones the receiver puts out.

Set the meter where you sit and play the test tones and adjust each one to the same volume.

It makes a big difference, it may be why you can't hear the back too well.

question for you Influx, My KSF's are right next to my sitting postion just two feet up on speaker stands, as ive got no room behind the couch. Is it possible the KSP's will be too big being so close?

So, the speakers are about the same width apart as your KLF-20's, but on either side of your sitting position? Ideally, you would want to pull the sitting position forward a bit, but that is not necessarily feasible. In my old house, I actually had my KSP-S6's setup as you described (but about 3' up). I ended up pulling them forward (towards the KLF-20's) a bit so the sound could bounce off the back wall & improve the rear sound stage. Now, in my current house, I actually kept the S6's on the sides, but now I have several feet behind the S6's - so they can work as intended & really fill up the back of the room.

So, my long-winded answer is that I think you can make it work. Considering that your only other choices for timbre-matched surrounds are another pair of KLF-10/20/30's, a pair of KSP-S6's, or finding a pair of KLF-C7's - I feel that the S6's are your best bet.

Interestingly enough, I did run some KLF-10's in the back for a while at my old house & they were too localized at close range for my taste.

You may find it a bit challenging (and spendy) to find a pair of KSP-S6's. They are out there though.