Tubes as Space Heater--It's Official

oldtimer

Just received in the mail an offer to buy a portable heater that uses infrared quartz tubes combined with cured copper which evenly heats the room and cannot start a fire. It's called EdenPure, anyone have one? It claims to not reduce oxygen or humidity. No info yet on how to hook it up to your speakers.

Well it's clean, since it can lower your electricity bill by 50%

Cheaper yet, turn your lights off when not in use ...... Best way to lower an electric bill, your two kids move out !!!!!!! ....Doesn't really matter what you do , cut back electricity, then the Power Company raises your price because you don't use enough ....... Do you really think you can better those Big Boys ?

I have read somewhere that if you generate your own electricity and it gets fed back into the powergrid (the meter runs backwards) then the electric company has to pay you... I'm sure by now they've managed to make hookups only possible that can't feed the extra electricy back into the grid.

I have read somewhere that if you generate your own electricity and it gets fed back into the powergrid (the meter runs backwards) then the electric company has to pay you... I'm sure by now they've managed to make hookups only possible that can't feed the extra electricy back into the grid.

Interesting factoid is that I'm partially responsible for that. I worked on Capitol Hill back in the '70's and was contacted by a Cornell professor during the Carter years energy crisis over putting disused small dams (and other sources)back into electrical production. Unless it could go into the grid it was a non starter. I crafted some legislation but since my boss was not on the appropriate committee others took over the idea and within a year or two it was law.

Now the law has been heavily bastardized over the years and the power guys have changed it to their advantage but as far as I know the requirement that if you produce it the big boys have to carry it is still in place. And, yes, the meter will run backwards.

Well it's clean, since it can lower your electricity bill by 50%

Cheaper yet, turn your lights off when not in use ...... Best way to lower an electric bill, your two kids move out !!!!!!! ....Doesn't really matter what you do , cut back electricity, then the Power Company raises your price because you don't use enough ....... Do you really think you can better those Big Boys ?

Thats right OB. Explain that to your wife. "Hey were saving electricity because the lights are off, not because you are freezing your *** off. And no, you can't have tubes just because I power my speakers with them."

Interesting factoid is that I'm partially responsible for that. I worked on Capitol Hill back in the '70's and was contacted by a Cornell professor during the Carter years energy crisis over putting disused small dams (and other sources)back into electrical production. Unless it could go into the grid it was a non starter. I crafted some legislation but since my boss was not on the appropriate committee others took over the idea and within a year or two it was law.

Now the law has been heavily bastardized over the years and the power guys have changed it to their advantage but as far as I know the requirement that if you produce it the big boys have to carry it is still in place. And, yes, the meter will run backwards.

uh oh ... "the power guys have changed it to their advantage..." So does this mean that they now get to take your electricity for free and sell it to your neighbors?

Yes, you can feed the energy back into the grid. But the electrical company gives you credit for the power at the wholesale rate, not the retail rate.