Compare Klipsch Heresy to Forte

Atheis

Well if you are comparing Heresy IIs to Forte' IIs or Heresy to Forte' and I am only guessing a bit on the differences as I have Quartets (slightly little brother to the Forte' II with the Tractrix)...I prefer the Quarts to the Heresys I own (even with the Bob Crites upgraded and brand new crossovers)...there is more bass...beyond that they are very similar...placement is the key but moreso with the Quartet/Forte' II/Chorus II because of the rear firing passive radiators...the bass is beautiful...and I love my Heresys so you just know I LOVE my Quartets...in case I got too off the reservation here...Forte'/Forte' IIs sound better (so I am told*I have never had the pleasure) so...hope this helps!

Bill

• 1 month later...

Hi, think of the Forte 1 as being a heresy 2 but with more bass. They don't go that low actually, but typical "heritage" sound, not quite as bright as the heresy 2, tonally more like a heresy 1. The later ones have a bigger ABR unit and a tractrix mid. A bit more "horn blare" from a tractrix, I think.I have owned forte 1, herest 1 and 2, chorus 1 and 2 RF5, cornwall and k horn, fortes are good in a medium/smaller room, i prefer the bigger weight to the sound compared to heresy

Hi,

I have owned Heresy and Forte II, not sure what the newer Heresy does but I did fall in love with the Forte II. PWK said that he liked the Forte as it produce a 1/2 more octave at the bottom. Better height ratio and not as brittle as the H use to be but I think the H has had a few makeovers since my time with them. If looking used (compared with new H) go for the F II, the 15" massive passive really puts out a punch for the price you currently pay for these.

Cheers

The Fortes will give you a better sound stage and (too me) sound deeper than the Heresy's. I have owned both and either one is a great product. But for the Money my bet is on the Fortes.

Price wise, nowadays they are both running about the same or close. Typical Heresys, used are about 350-400 and Fortes 400-450. Alot depends on condition, location and timing of the speaker Market.........(Your prices may vary).

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with either model, but if you got the Fortes your "Upgradeites" will take longer before the Itch hits you again...........JMHO.

Using Solid State to power Heresy's you need a Sub, unless you go with mega-watts ............. If you're choosing between the two, and size is not an issue, go with the Forte ............... Forte probably bigger sound, better overall response ........... Forte prices are low right now, good time to buy !!!

While I currently own both Heresy and Heresy II, I also have a pair Forte II. The Heresy holds a special place in my heart being 2/3 of a khorn. However, if I could only one pair of Klipsch speakers it would absolutely be my Forte IIs. The just do everything so well. The bass is much better, IMO, then the H 1or 2. The mids in the Forte II are right on the money. Finally in my book there is no other Klipsh speaker that I have head that give you a really live music feel beyond the Forte II.

Hell, where are y'all finding fortes for 400- 450 The cheapest I've seen them is 500 in not great condition.

If you're not familiar with sites such as craigslist or audiogon you should check on there. Depending on where you live there are Klipsch speakers that pop up on those sites all the time. BTW, I bought my 9/10 condition Forte IIs for $275. Deals are out there, just be patient. [:)]