Somebody please talk me off the ledge!

taylor99ss

WOW.... thanks for that..... beating. "yessir, can I have another"

I feel as if i have been evangelized.

I now know what I will do, and that is NOTHING. Keep my gear I'm happy with and enjoy my big bold deep sound and the big bold speakers.

I don't always agree with what Mas says, like puting a 50 inch tv on top of a La Scala which to me and that is the key word "ME" is too high, but he always gives you lots of info that can be helpful or not depending on what you want to do.

I'm on my last receiver... although I've had very good luck with my Yammies. Separates all the way next time.

I was happy with my Yamaha receiver, but since I've added a Yamaha stereo power amp for the main speakers, and started to use the receiver as a preamp/processor, I'm even happier. The degree of extra clarity is surprising.

The logical next step would be a real pre/pro with tuner, but that would mean buying some more power amps for the surrounds, or going to a 5-channel power amp, and I'm not sure the improvements would match the cost of all that.