Any amateur astronomers out there?

rocket-andy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could sit on her front porch at night, and watch the satellites fly by overhead.

I've posted this link before, but it's a neat site. Find out when a visible spacecraft will be visible from your location!

Satellite Sighting Information

Here is another very good website for checking out satellites, comets, etc.

http://heavens-above.com/

Michael, Thanks for the Beautiful Pictures...........You have the Talent!

All Jokes aside.............What about the Color of Uranus, with the Gas pockets, it looks mighty Green to me

Uranus
The greenish color of it atmosphere is due to methane and This view of Uranus was acquired by Voyager 2 on January 10, 1986. The blue-green appearance of its atmosphere results from methane and high-altitude photochemical smog. This gas absorbs red wavelengths from the incoming sunlight, leaving the predominant bluish color seen here. Towards the bottom of the image a few clouds can be seen. This image is one of the few Voyager pictures that shows this type of cloud. (Copyright Calvin J. Hamilton)

post-4626-13819361095782_thumb.jpg

Nice shooting there Seadog! I just got the last sliver of it as I was napping on the sofa. Here it is in unaltered B&W

Michael, I really like your unaltered B&W. Did you shoot any in color? The reddish color was very apparent here in Texas.

David