Heresy II upgrade to III's

kg4guy

Hi all,

First post.

I'm buying some mint, one owner Heresy IIs with sequential serial #s. They appear to be April, 1990 builds. I'm very intersted in the Heresy II to Heresy III upgrade, but this thread is three years old. Is it still available?

Many thanks!

Rafe

My Dad has a pair of 1985 Heresy II serial numbers 011 and 012, how cool was that for timing when to buy a pair, just as the model is changed and the new numbering is introduced.

The point is that My Dad's Heresy II have removable backs and "I suspect" the 3 drivers are mounted from the back of the motor board.

So before doing any upgrade, remove the grills and look to check front or rear mounting.

post-45280-13819660598664_thumb.jpg

Hey all,

I'm picking up my Heresy II's in a couple weeks. But they don't have Klipsch stands, and I was thinking of grabbing these:

http://blog.enseignons.be/polkaudiopsw10review/2011/05/10/check-out-speaker-feet-floor-spikes-audio-cones-set-of-8/

to use instead, as they will be on hardwood floors. Any thoughts, suggestions? Would rubber isolation feet be better?

Does Klipsch sell the stand seperately? Thanks in advance!

I have the wooden risers on my Heresy's, plus I purchased from Home Depot Felt Floor Protectors. They are sold for chairs, tables and other pieces of furniture to protect wood floors, they cost roughly a buck and change for a dozen. I also have them on my Forte II's, bottom line avoids scratching the wood floors and makes it far easier to slide when wanting to adjust the position of the speaker.

My personal feeling the product you linked to is over kill, and can not see any benefit to their use. At least try this option and if not happy you can always try something else. Don't be surprise once you set up your speakers with the felt option, you'll forget due to your enjoyment of listening to some outstanding speakers.

All the best, Jeff

Guest David H

At one pont and time, the H3 upgrade kit came with horn lenses as well as drivers crossovers. If that were still the case you could I suspect you could order the front baffles from Bob Crites and transplant to a H1 cab.

I dont think the kit comes with the K-701 lens any longer.

Dave

Hey all,

I'm picking up my Heresy II's in a couple weeks. But they don't have Klipsch stands, and I was thinking of grabbing these:

http://blog.enseignons.be/polkaudiopsw10review/2011/05/10/check-out-speaker-feet-floor-spikes-audio-cones-set-of-8/

to use instead, as they will be on hardwood floors. Any thoughts, suggestions? Would rubber isolation feet be better?

Does Klipsch sell the stand seperately? Thanks in advance!

My HIIs didn't have any stands whatsoever. They sound great. Adjust for your listening pleasure.

For a while, I had them sitting on some Rubbermaid step stools, to get them off the floor a little bit. Sheesh... they still are awesome speakers, just play around with the placement until you like the way they sound. Listen to the music and enjoy! THe most important thing is to not be anal about it and listen to the MUSIC!!! [Y]

Bruce

The HIII kit I had (and sold) came with the midrange driver & horn, the tweeter driver & horn, the new 12" driver, and the crossover - truly plug-n-play.

+1

My set came with everything except I just had HII cabinets without any components so I had to find screws to mount the speakers.

The bass on these is good but I suspect you will want a sub. I just wouldn't buy a sub until you hear them for yourself.