hidden gems...songs that is

BigStewMan

i recently RE-discovered a song that i listened to as a youngster...Tapioca Tundra by the Monkees...a Mike Nesmith song. Check it out, it is pretty good. i downloaded it from itunes.

A couple of other songs that i don't think get enough credit are Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles and Space Oddity by David Bowie--Great songs!

I guess I'm not qualified for this thread since Space Oddity has always been one of my favorites.  Eleanor Rigby always got a lot of play too.  Hidden to me would be something like Warren Zevon's Accidentally Like a Martyr.

my title was misleading...initially i was just going to mention that monkees song; but, then decided to comment on eleanor rigby and space odditiy, as they are generally not the first songs mentioned when you ask someone to name the best beatles or bowie song. regarding zevon...i'll go with roland the headless thompson gunner.

LAWYER, GUNS, and MONEY ....... Poor Poor Pitiful Me ...... Tenderness on the Block .... Warren Zevon never got his just respect !!!!!!!

Let's really reach back to ones youth ..... Sugar Shack .... Handyman .... Louie Louie .... Duke of Earl .... 96 tears ... then the car songs ..... Little GTO .... 409 ..... Little old Lady from Pasadena ..... then the SURF crap .... Surf City ..... Wipe Out (one of the worst songs ever) .... and then the DECAY of American Youth ......... Jimi Hendrix .... Cream ..... Led Zep ..... it's been all down hill ever since !!!!!!! ........... [:D] ......... LONG LIVE ROCK !!!!!!!

LAWYER, GUNS, and MONEY ....... Poor Poor Pitiful Me  ...... Tenderness on the Block .... Warren Zevon never got his just respect !!!!!!!

Let's really reach back to ones youth ..... Sugar Shack .... Handyman .... Louie Louie .... Duke of Earl .... 96 tears ... then the car songs ..... Little GTO .... 409 ..... Little old Lady from Pasadena ..... then the SURF crap .... Surf City ..... Wipe Out (one of the worst songs ever) .... and then the DECAY of American Youth ......... Jimi Hendrix .... Cream ..... Led Zep ..... it's been all down hill ever since !!!!!!!  ........... Big Smile .........  LONG LIVE ROCK !!!!!!!

LOUIE LOUIE??? OB are you counter-culture? just joking, recalling the controversy regarding those lyrics.