Installed my Bob Crites Crossover

paully

I think it was money well spent. I didn't bother to dampen the midrange horn from my earlier post, I figured the smart thing to do is one mod at a time. Plus when I got in there and saw the wings on the horn I realized dampening the horn compared to the old round horns was not going to be easy, and probably pointless. The crossover actually seemed to help alleviate the buzzing a bit that was bothering me. Parts quality in his crossover compared to the old is obvious from the picture. Plus one of the wires literally fell of the old crossover when I removed it, the person who rewired itwith new wire a while back hadn't done that great of a soldering job. Any way, thanks Bob!

post-27213-1381936630337_thumb.jpg

There isn't any more bass than before but it doesn't seem as bloated and tubby. I am not as good as I would like to be as describing sound as I would like to be and my audio memory (as well as my memory for everything else) isn't that great. But so far I am sitting and listening, that is a good sign. What I find when I make a mod that I don't like is that it takes me weeks to figure it out and I figure it out when I realize I am no longer listening to music. I have been listeing to the speakers non-stop except for going to sleep last night, so it would seem that I like them. There is no doubt, even at this early stage, that they are better than what was in there and Bob's craftmenship and build quality is unquestionable.

Bob does outstanding work; and he takes the time to explain why things work and don't work. He did most of my crossovers, and those that I was able to do myself, he kindly supplied the caps and advice on how to proceed. He even did my modified A/4500's and E/4500's for a pair of Klipschorns and Heresy's, respectively. He and his son, Michael, are the best!!

Delivered as promised, quick turn around, great product, good price, a pleasure to deal with, What more can one say? ... Thanks Bob !!! ... Real happy with mine, money well spent ............

Couldn't have said it better. And an emphasis on the "pleasure to deal with" . I was a pain with all my newbie questions, and Bob was great about answering every one of them, and quickly. My '87 Forte's simply are not the same speaker that they were when I bought them in January. The first thing I noticed is that the imaging, and sensitivity got a hell of lot better. They play louder and more powerful, and man I am picking up new things from lp's that I've listened to for years. I had vintage Heresy's before the Forte's, and I wish I had replaced the crossovers in those.