Help me pick a tube integrated for Heresy IIIs!

I am days away from ordering H3s! Now I need a better amp. I have an Onkyo receiver, but I want to upgrade to tubes.

I have a small listening room, and the speakers will be in the corners. I listen mostly to hard rock, metal, progressive rock. No super bass heavy music.

Which of these amps will have the best system synergy with the Heresy IIIs?

-Wright Sound 1515 (?)

-Rogue Cronus

-Almarro A205A

-Prima Luna Prologue II

I don't know how to bias an amp, which makes the Wright and Prima Luna both viable, as they are both self-biasing. However, sound quality will be the overall factor in my decision.

Not looking to buy used.

Thanks!

I have a Baldwin integrated amp that I will sell you. It is a very nice amp for a beginner, it was my 1st tube amp. No bias needed. It's around 25 watts per channel. Even have a spare set of output tubes to go along with it. You can do a search on it here in this forum. It is popular among us Klipsch folks.

I used it on my heresys with great success. if your interested shoot me an email.

Jeff

McIntosh?

The new integrated McIntosh costs A LOT of money! I don't have the room for a separate preamp and poweramp(s).

My anticipated system will be the following:

-H3s

-TBD tube integrated

-Jolida or Eastern Electric tube CD player

-JM Tercel phono pre

-KAB modified Technics SL1200 TT

The Prima Luna is designed in the Netherlands, built in China. You can swap in various output tube types.

More like BUILT IN CHINA and some dude in the Netherlands did a slight mod and then Upscale audio changed the name and raised the going rate by double.................The Primaluna amps are nothing but glorified Cayin amps.

But with that crarification on advertising hype cleared up they are not all that bad an amplifier.

Craig

The Prima Luna is designed in the Netherlands, built in China. You can swap in various output tube types.

More like BUILT IN CHINA and some dude in the Netherlands did a slight mod and then Upscale audio changed the name and raised the going rate by double.................The Primaluna amps are nothing but glorified Cayin amps.

But with that crarification on advertising hype cleared up they are not all that bad an amplifier.

Craig

There is lots of rebranding with the China made amps. I have seen a web site write up a bogus history of an allegedly American made amp only later to see the same amp on ebay or under a couple different names. It would be cool if there were a site for American made audio gear. It would be nice to know where things are actually built. Due to my budget I currently have a designed in Australia but made in China integrated amp. It is pretty good but nothing like my made in America Canary Audio or George Wright gear.